Gone fishing. Share pictures and stories of your adventures in the wild. Anything and everything goes, as long it’s remotely connected to fishing/camping

II’ll start with a few pics from last week, way up north in Sweden. Didn’t get a Photo of the sign ”arctic circle”, but been there and Done that🙂

Topics that don’t need a category, or don’t fit into any other existing category.

1 Like

Sorry there are a few non relaterad pics of an oilcan and such, don’t know what happend and don’t know how to erase.

1 Like

You can go into edit of your post and delete any photos you don’t want.
Nice topic. I didn’t get a chance to go on my fishing trip this year. What did you catch those perch on?

Trying my best to Edit, but on an iPhone…
I don’t know the english Word, so here’s a pic of my tacle box.

1 Like

I was going to guess you used “Swedish Pimples” when fishing in Sweden but those aren’t they.
I think your lures fall into the category of Inline Spinner Bait.
If I had to have one lure only it would be a Blue Fox Vibramax which is very similar to what you have posted.
Lots of colors to choose from but I really like the fluorescent ones.

2 Likes

We used something similar in Ohio called rooster tails, a variation on a spinner bait. We used to wade smallmouth streams and catch smallmouth bass on ‘doll flies’ in southeast Ohio.

1 Like

I also like the Vibrax lure, but my all time favourite is ”Myran”, a swedish brand that got me a lot of fish👍🏻

”Myran” the lure that really works👍🏻

2 Likes

@Chefen69 I took the liberty of editing out your oil pic and mail pics for you bud. :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

We used to seine a creek for crawfish and use them as bait for white bass.

1 Like

Pacific Northwest fishing. Lots of salmon, steelhead, and lingcod

5 Likes

Thank you for your effort👍🏻

Lingcod… So… Eatable like regular cod… Or Lutefisk?:hugs:
Sneezles61

My wife on the river bank way up north this last summer. Just south of the arctic circle, about 900 kilometers from Stockholm.

In between fishing we like to pick, what i think is called cloudberries in english.

Could be… Or they are high bush cranberries… I really enjoy your pictures of Sweeden… I have relatives that live there… Last time the “Swede’s” were here, they could pull out a map and show us right where they lived and their number on a dock where their boat was docked…
Thank you!!
Sneezles61
Edit: you definitely have it correct… Cloudberries… My wife’s family, from Alaska, calls them salmon berries…

1 Like

No it’s not cranberries. Cranberries are like big lingonberries, and that we Will pick this weekend in the Stockholm area. Cloudberries only grow in the north of Sweden and thanks to covid-19, there were less people picking them😉 It’s been a great Year for blueberries and lingonberries here! And if you ever were to visit Sweden, i’d take you to a few nice places to pick berries👍🏻

1 Like

Where in Sweden does your relatives recide?

Hammer strand (?) area… My spelling may be wrong
Sneezles61

1 Like

I’ve actually been to Hammarstrand, flyfishing in nearby Ammerån. Back then, we had to go into Hammarstrand to restock beer, food and such🙂

1 Like