Git R back running

ICKY…
Well this AM my water is at 112*F… I’ll turn it up a bit…
When I replaced the WH in 2002(?) I piped it in hard… I cut it loose, went to the hardware store to get another sweat valve… He showed me the shark bite valve with the flexible supply hoses… Now that made sense to me… Bought 2 of them, came home, watched some vids on how to use them… I really like the idea behind them… I’ll be the guinea pig… Made my install simpler… and to pull it out for clean/replace will be simpler too…
Sprinkling today… back into the garage with the trail 90… I’ve got the bearing for the steering head, And the rear tire adjustments… Rebuild the lighting control on the throttle side handle bar…
Sneezles61

Shoot… After the water heater… new exhaust fan and duct in upstairs bathroom… very scratchy in the attic… new LED light… re-vamped the access door…
Today, the motor will go back in and connect the wires, testing to be sure all is working… Then I can set it on the floor… with a little help… I’m close to starting it… I’m waiting for some spiral wrap wire loom for reinforcement from the frame to the head light bucket…
The crankcase has had old oil and then dry for a long time… I’ll dump some ATF in and let it get the seals wet and swell them a bit? I’ll be looking forward to this afternoons brew and take some pictures…
Sneezles61

I musta cleaned 10lbs dirt and grime off… Wiring was a challenge… but its connected, today the chain goes on and some other stuff while its up in the air…
When its done, I’ll put a couple hundred miles on it to be sure its working right… then sell it…
I did fill up me beer schooner and looked at my next one… RT1-360… It needs attention… wiring mainly…
Sneezles61

3 Likes

the rt1 is a great bike. one of my cousins had one when we were teens.

Seems the RT was the beginning for Yamaha to dive into serious dirt bikes… The FIRST thing I’ll fix is the decompression lever… When it decides it doesn’t want to go any further… the leg takes a beating… and it will continue until the moral improves!! :confounded:
Sneezles61

Not dirt bikes, but i have a few vintage mopeds. Here’s 2 of them.

3 Likes

When I think of Mopeds… they have pedals… under 50cc’s… Those are very cool ole’ iron… I’d believe the fuel mileage is quite high… “Ape Hangers” handle bars too!! :joy:
Sneezles61
EDIT: what is the top picture… Benelli?

1 Like

OK… sad day… Our local garbage collection peeps had a visitation for their 7 year old son… Last week his sister was driving a side x side and and it flipped over… he was crushed… No seat belts… No helmets… and the ones involved are 11 years old and younger…
PLEASE!!! If you have anyone under 14 do not let them operate these gizmo’s! I suspect the laws are going to hold the parents accountable… No supervision… Didn’t require them to use the safety stuff… on and on and on… Its so hard… that little casket…
Sneezles61

So sad. Sorry to hear.
In NYC we have electric Revel mopeds all over the outer burroughs and now our bike share system Citibike is making more of their bikes electric. I gotta say they freak me out sometimes because they are totally silent and really fast and every walker in NYC seems distracted with their phone.

3 Likes

I started it up! 5th kick… but won’t run without the choke on… I know I didn’t mess with the floats… simple enough to take off and check them out… Its come down the home stretch now!
Sneezles61

1 Like

We have ebikes like these NAKTO City Electric Bicycle CAMEL Women 26" Black – NAKTO Factory Store Hers is white, mine black. I got the step through (womens) so I don’t have to drag my leg over the bar if I overdo it on the bad knees. They are great to get around by pedaling until you don’t feel like it then let the motor “assist” you. Assist means to me the pedals kind of free wheel. It takes almost no effort to pedal but looks like you are. The difference is you go about 20mph. You need to be careful and pay attention.

The bike path in front of our condo during tourist season is becoming packed with people on all sorts of electric powered gizmos. Most have never been on anything like it and have an alcoholic beverage in one hand. It’s surprising there haven’t been more accidents. I can’t imagine thousands of those in NYC intermingling with cars and trucks.

2 Likes

The more peeps, the more congestion… more accidents…
Cars and pedestrians… Now add cell phones… Electric little gizmos… And our friend… Alcohol… Nothing good can become of this mixture… The streets and sidewalks won’t be widened any time soon… Always in a rush…
I’m digressing too much? :no_mouth:
Sneezles61

Have you ever taken one of those light switches apart from the handle bar of a motorcycle?
I had too… where the wires route through the handle bars all the insulation was rubbed off… I verified there was enough wire to get to the headlight bucket… so I had to cut off about 2"… then unsolder the pieces to be replaced, tin and attach the new ends… Yes… I used a magnifying glass to see WTH I was doing… Its back together…(and the spring with a small BB as the indent too) but, before I install it on the handle bars, I’ll give it a test… thats tomorrows project… Good Grief… I’ll need a couple extra pints after that episode…
Sneezles61

The silver one is swedish, like 1978 or so. It’s called Crescent Compact. Lot of fun for an old fart to ride these old mopeds👍🏻

1 Like

Saw a dog walker yesterday riding a one-wheeler with 6 dogs on leashes all around him. it was pretty impressive

1 Like

A few years ago it may been fun to try… but now…
Sneezles61

I wanted a Puch so bad when I was a kid on a minibike. Ended up going with the honda trail 70 though.

@squeegeethree Harley has an electric bike that I’ve heard is HUGE fun to ride. The torque produced my electric motors is pretty impressive. I want to test ride one but the ~150 mile range on the battery is just too limiting for me. I’ll definitely consider one when they can improve the range.

2 Likes

Mine is the Nevada. If my memory serves me right it was only produced a couple of years. After the the Nevada, Puch Montana was born, same moped but different engine.

You mean the LiveWire? Better looking than the electric bikes around here.

1 Like

Yea it’s not bad looking at all.

Ewan MacGregor did one season of his moto travel series with them from Tierra del Fuego to LA. It’s called The Long Way Up. It showed the electric vehicle technology is almost there but the infrastructure to support long distance travel with electric vehicles has a long way to go, especially in south and central America.