Getting ugly around here

Looks like the forum’s web design really has become NB’s ugly stepsister. Websites in 1996 looked better.

A while back the look of the shopping site was tweaked, but the forum retained the old look. From the HTML sources, they apparently used to share CSS, but when the new site was finalized, the CSS for the old look was deleted/de-hosted without anyone realizing the forum was still using it. Two Stylesheets: pagenavi-css.css and style.css are not being found when browsing the forum.

I’m not checking the forums every day any more, but it seems like it’s been this way for a while. It just seems like such a simple fix. Is there going to be a look update here too, or is broken CSS just the plan moving forward?

They have a new forum almost ready to go. Several of us mods have beta tested it and given our opinions. It is a huge step forward and I think it will be accepted well. I am not sure when it will go live.

Well, it isn’t ugly any more. It’s actually kinda pretty.
First impression is that form was chosen over function, but maybe I just can’t find the features I used to use. “Mark Topics Read” for instance.

Yea I was looking for that one too. Also kind of annoying that all the threads I had marked as such have shown up as unreads now.

Minimal complaints really. I do like the new look and feel better as I use it a bit more and have found most of the functions I missed at first glance. I will miss the “mark topics read” ability if it’s gone for good…