German ale

I found a 6-er of this from beaver island ( I trust its a true place). A brewery in St. Cloud Mn… It was good enough, I stopped and picked up 2 more 6-ers… Only 4.5 ABV, quite a flavorful, crisp offering… The name on the can is Ripple… Again, something that happens after the beaver slaps its tail on the water… I hope! Sneezles61

I was at their tap room a couple of years ago. They brewed good beer then - good to read that they are still brewing well. I don’t get into that part of St Cloud MN often enough to stop by their tap room.

Their names are based on historic events and geology. A couple of links:

Beaver Islands are in the Mississippi River in St Cloud MN: “The name of the island chain [Beaver Islands] comes from explorer Zebulon Pike who passed through them on an expedition up the Mississippi River in 1805 and named them because, well, he saw a lot of beavers making their dams there.

The brewery: “Beaver Island Brewing Co. – DAM. FINE. BEER.”.

Thank you! I’m glad they didn’t just pull a name out of the hat! I’ve not heard of them, but their line up is intriguing! I will be sampling the seasonal especially! Sneezles61