Garden Plans

I went looking at lumber prices… Something is going to have to change… No way will I pay the current prices…
About a year ago a 2x4x8’ white cost 1.79… the other day I bought 6 and each one was 6.89!! Right in the middle of Lumberville USA!!
Sneezles61

Probably recessive genes. :microscope:

Alrighty… my raised bed boxes are almost thawed out… Prices for the items I’d like to build new boxes are not coming down now or any time soon… bummer
I’ll tinker with the stuff out there and dress up the soil…
I guess I’ll let the aftermath of last year get further behind us before I do any changes…
Iris’ are poking their little leaves out of the soil now!! Waiting to see the Alliums…
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Aponix 3-D NFT system… It appears to be made in Germany… Very cool idea… Gets the wheels spinning!
Sneezles61

Post a link or it doesn’t exist. :wink: NFT is a Non-fungible token in my world but I don’t think we are talking about the same thing

1 Like

There’s a greenhouse/farmstore not far from here that has a couple big greenhouses where they grow the veggies with a vertical hydroponic system. Pretty cool and definitely maximizes the space.

OK… Look at Aponix…
So my wheels need to find out… How do they make a big gizmo like that?
It can’t be too complicated…?
hhhhhmmmm
Sneezles61

It’s just hydroponics. Each of those plants on the outside sits in water with nutrients and there are water lines behind there to move the water and nutrients around. It could be simple or could. be quite complicated if there’s a nutrient drip irrigation system inside.

A lot of garden plans in NY will be changing. This week pot became legal there. You can possess 3oz, grow 3 plants and 3 immature plants per adult up to 2 adults. Here is the fun part. There still is no legal way to obtain it and because it is still not legal federally so you cannot transport it across state lines. And no one is licensed to sell it yet. Apparently it just materializes in your home.

They still need to work out who sells it and commercially grows it. You know, who gets the money. Localities can opt out of sales. Still have not figured out how to handle driving under the influence since there is no real breathalyzer type test but it is still due cause to stop and search an auto that smells like pot.

4 Likes

I figured that is the exact reason weed can’t be legalized… How impaired is impaired? Is just a sniff a valid way to claim you are infact impaired?
I suspect, there WILL be a dent in the blackmarket over there… But then, there are some that grow it regardless, for their consumption…
I’ll bet more peeps have been killed since the cell phone entered our world than those that consume weed… of course I wasn’t including the bully’s that distributes it…
Sneezles61

The interesting thing to me is the dispensaries tend to price their product based upon street pricing. It hasn’t gone up or down significantly that I’m aware in any legal markets. The consistent quality of the product has improved significantly in cities where dispensaries have opened.

@hd4mark. The only dispensaries in DC are medical. It’s still not “legal to SELL” cannabis in DC. SO what has happened instead, is these little markets or trade shows where you could go and buy paraphernalia, t shirts, posters, stickers, etc and the vendor would give you a ‘gift’ of cannabis based upon how much you spent. haha…those quickly evolved into meetups and delivery. So basically, you can order pot in DC and have it delivered to your home even though there are no legal dispensaries.

In most legal markets violent crime has decreased and there is no significant increase in traffic accidents or fatalities that can be attributed to cannabis use. Opioid abuse has decreased in most legal markets as well.

NY’s approach was interesting…and one I think most other states should have adopted. In NY they’re like 'It’s now legal"…we’ll figure out the rest… In VA for example the legislation was signed but doesn’t go into effect until 2023 when dispensaries will open. In the meantime it’s decriminalized. An ounce or less is a $50 fine.

We are grappling with how to grow the stuff in our short season… :joy:
Not really… Lutherans… Baptists… Catholics… Thats our stalemate…
Lutherans are all for it… Make it accessible… :stuck_out_tongue:
Baptistsd are not wanting it in their community… but “go for a drive” to get after it… :expressionless:
Catholics… Have it stashed real close… when no one is watching… :sunglasses:
I hope you realize this is a joke… No real religion was harmed… :no_mouth:
Sneezles61

I’ve never identified a “style of denial™” with different belief systems. After the devastating decade of big pharma opiod addiction, where nobody went to jail who made the most money. It’s time to set free everyone with 3 “strikes and you’re out” pot convictions.

DAMMIT!!!
Suppose to plant Peas this W/E…
Would you mind if I planted tomorrow?
Sneezles61

Did you get em planted? I think we’re going to put in some taters this year.

Let this snow storm blow over… been raining…
Sneezles61

I think I’m only doing a few tomatoes this year. Maybe some herbs indoor.

Raining off and on today… I’ll be upbeat about it… We need to make up for a wimpy winter… Get the world greened up too!
My fences need just a bit of soil amendments and turning with the potato fork… heck… a couple hours and Peas would be planted…
Sneezles61

We might do some patio tomatoes. I just take a slice of a good strain, put in in dirt in a red Solo cup (got that stuck in your head now?) cover it with dirt, water and little ones shoot up. Cherry tomatoes seem to be ready to pick faster but big beefsteak are great for sandwiches.

2 Likes

I hate when dirt runs down the front of my back…
I like heirlooms… We grew some Goliath’s… The fruit was 6" across… covered the bread… BLT’s are so awesome…
Sneezles61

1 Like