Gah! Where am I?!?!?

So I guess this totally new forum design is going to take a lot of getting used to… my profile information and my avatar and all that is gone. Yikes!!! Are you guys all getting the same thing on your end??? Change is not easy for an old man like me. But I’ll try.

Dave I think you’ll like it. I ‘kinda’ beta tested it (mine was limited due to an error) in processing my username). It seems relatively easy to navigate.

Navigation seems okay, but they seem to have nuked a whole bunch of old posts. I understand database backends don’t always convert, but that’s a lot of knowledge that’s been lost.

1 Like

I kind of agree with Dave. I don’t think I’ll leaving for good, but probably won’t be around all that much anymore (of course, maybe some people will be relieved at that. LOL).

Navigating this will take some getting used to, but can’t say I’m very thrilled with the new look.
I wonder why the decision was made to change the format? I’m not against change if it improves things…but I’m not so sure the new format is an improvement at all.

I didn’t care to much for my initial, “F”, in an olive drab circle. This prompted me to stop being lazy. I edited a photo for uploading. You can’t see all the snow, but at -10°F you can take your time drinking a beer. It won’t get warm and go flat.

This looks like it’s optimized for phones rather than tablet or desktop. Sooo much white space on my desktop, which is where I access the forum the most.

The news of my demise was premature. When I tried to log on it said brew cat didn’t exist. That was news to me . apparently the new format doesn’t recognized spaced in usernames. I searched users and found myself. One thing I don’t like is the first four or five lines I type I can’t see because the header on the page drops down so low. At least on my phone. Havnt tried the iPad yet.

I’m with Dave and the Prof about the new format. I don’t like it at all. Doesn’t seem all that user friendly for those of us that use a PC or Mac to visit. I poked around a bit and apparently going back to the old lay out is not an option. At least I couldn’t find it if it exists. Bad move NB.

3 Likes

The new layout has some of the same features as the browser Chrome. To me navigation and personal settings is faster than in the old layout.

Yep, designed for phones. Cold, sterile, and uninviting are adjectives that come to mind. This forum was such an amazing gold mine of information. It had a homey feel to it too. Broke up the Brewing TV crew and now this. Hip v. Homegrown - someone thinks that hip wins every time 'cause it sells. From back here in the cheap uneducated seats, such changes do a great job of creating a brand free of any soul or identity. Eventually, they’ll make a good decision right?

Yup. It still looks different.
Sounds like they recognized that a lot of the gold in the information goldmine didn’t come through, and they committed to getting it back.

It’s like that damned ribbon in MS-Office; I hated it the moment I saw it. But someone at Microsoft decided it was better, and didn’t ask my opinion first. Lots of people complained, other people liked it, some just resolved to use it. Even though I still believe it’s inferior, it is what it is.

Like the ribbon this new forum takes some getting used to, features are changed. Like the Office ribbon, I don’t think the forum is going back either. Time to make the best of it, and move forward. It is what it is.

1 Like

Unfortunate that all my posts in the recipe forum, which pretty much was a brewers log are now gone. Good thing I took notes. Good luck with the new page.

1 Like

probably not the best way to save your recipes.

1 Like

Yeah, WTH.

It looks like all of my DIYs are gone.

I am disappointed that all of my DIYs are gone, and all of my pictures are gone, and 90% of my posts are gone too.
I don’t even have list of all of the DIYs I had on hear so there is no way to replace them, nor do I have the time.

I am also disappointed that the EZ Brew Excel spreadsheet is no longer on the forum and I am not allowed to upload it.

And on that note, I think Im out. So long NB Forum, it was a good 6 years, but Im not starting over

Can you repost from your PC files?

For the record, I’m still pretty PO’d, but I guess I’ve gotta roll with the changes, even though they suck. I’m here occasionally, but I’m no longer ultrapresent like I was for friggin ~10 years or whatever. Surprisingly, I’ve grown somewhat addicted now to the BA and HBT forums. None is the perfect replacement for what used to be NB though, so I’m still on, like, all of 'em in nearly equal measures now. Not like the old days when I spent 75% on NB and 25% everywhere else.

some of you people whine like little girls just deal with it.

1 Like

[quote=“brewman, post:18, topic:6679, full:true”]
some of you people whine like little girls just deal with it.
[/quote]We shouldn’t get to personal. I would prefer the site to be kept very friendly.

The site has gone to a new platform which really isn’t a new platform. It is just of a different design that is being used world wide. All of the old files have not been transferred due to server space. I have never been made a believer in the “Cloud” as being a space for my files. When I create it, I keep it on my computer and from there I can share.

I have quit one site because it seemed to be a trend that a post requires some sort of vulgarity. I may still be shown as a supporter, but I think it is only a honorary. This site is easy to read and without the misspellings to insert vulgar terminology. We still have a great site for dedicated brewers to share knowledge and ideas.

The site will never become static. Ideas from users will be considered, not be dismissed.

1 Like

Sorry your right, sometimes I get tired of reading some of these post’s.