FYI Jim Koch article

Sam Adams makes some decent beers for the mass market. It’s certainly popular

I seriously don’t remember the last time I bought Sam Adams. Nothing against it, just better beer out there.

If I go out to a restaurant with a limited beer list around here they will generally have a Sam so I’ll have one. The Sam summer goes quite well with a lobster roll. But I agree that there are plenty of good mass produced. Lagunitas and Sierra Nevada are a few.

1 Like

Maybe Im too far from the kettle over here… I have some friends that buy that brand all the time and brag it up… I just can’t drink it… Mediocre would be how my buds taste it… So that might make me the odd one then… Sneezles61

Actually if your in Boston they still do small batch at the original brewery and just put it in the local pubs. They brew some Boston lager that’s only served at that site. It is much better than what comes in the bottle I’ve had it there fresh and it gave me a new appreciation.

Last time I had Sam Adams was at a Lebanese restaurant on belly dancing night. There weren’t many other options. I feel like it sits around a lot. I’ll bet fresh Sam Adams is much better than the forgotten bottles I taste at dive bars.

You meant belly button bars? Belly dancing? Crazy!! Sneezles61

1 Like

Belly dancing was popular around here about 30 or forty years ago. Alot of classes around .My wife took one. I guess it’s a more formal kind of twerking.

1 Like

Mmmmmm…Lobsta rooollllsssss…

@sneezles61 Here is my version got it from talking to the people at Sam Adams Sam | American Lager All Grain Beer Recipe | Brewer's Friend

That sure looks very simple… I will be up to giving it a try… Thank you, maybe now I can find out, what its about fresh! Sneezles61

I’m going to make an ESB that is 10# of 2 row and 1# Crystal 90. Pretty dang close other than the hops. Probably will try this one too.