Forum Design

I really like the forum design you guys have found. Was this a custom build, or did you get it from a third party?

The forum is based on the Discourse platform. One of the platforms used around the world.

You will find a few on here that fought this platform tooth and nail. I was one of them but now after getting over the change and getting used to it, I like it.

There are still a few things I would like to see back. Post count, joined date and inline (animated) GIF avatars come to mind.

Are those not available as tools that be used in this software?

I’ve gotten used to it myself but l liked the old forum better. I miss a lot of the people who used to post here. There seemed to be a lot more technical posts and old timers not so much anymore but oh well it’s still better than some other forums.

2 Likes

@flars I replied to a post and would like to rempveve my reply and start a new post can I just delete it or move it

Did you receive PM? For you to delete the post would be a good test if the grace period still exists.

On a related note, I used to look forward to posts from Ken Lenard, and shared his interest in Vienna Lagers…No recent posts and his website showed last activity in Jan 2015…?and Beersk?

1 Like

Been away for quite awhile and this is my first visit with the new software. Not a fan if I’m being honest. I have run a vBulletin forum for almost a decade and at first glance, it’s a) Not clear a ‘Forum’ is still offered (if this is an important feature of the NB site, put it in the nav buttons at the top fold. Even after locating the ‘Forum’ link I at first wasn’t sure it actually had taken me to a Forum, because of the appearance of the landing page.

I’m not change averse - but why fix what doesn’t need fixing? The activity here looks like it’s slowed to a crawl and I am sure that’s no coincidence.

Not much sense in complaining I suppose. I’ll see if I can get used to the new platform.

I feel better now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome back