Forced carbonated soda

Hello

Have a question. I do forced carbonated sodas in the 5 gallon cannisters. My question is how many liquids jumpers can you do with soda, being that it is thicker liquid than beer and still be successful.

Big Bus

I’m sorry. Help me understand your question. What do you mean by liquid jumper? Usually a jumper is tubing to take a liquid from one keg to another.

1 Like

Hello

Yes, Taking carbonated soda from one keg to another for dispensing. Hooking gas onto one keg and pushing the liquid to another keg that is being dispensed. I want to know how many I can do this to until the resistance becomes to much.

Big Bus

As long as the kegs are vented there shouldn’t be a resistance issue. Guess I should ask what you have in mind?

When I transfer carbonated beer from one keg to another, I try and do it such that the pressure in the receiving and sending keg are about the same. I do this by purging the receiving keg through the OUT line so I purge from bottom up with the lid on. I vent through the top by venting through the relief valve. I then switch the CO2 tank to an IN connection and pressuring up the receiving keg to slightly lower pressure than the sending tank through the in line. I then put the CO2 tank line back on the sending tank at the same pressure as was initially used. I then connect the jumper line and watch for flow to start through the jumper line. The jumper line should go from the out of the providing keg to the out of the receiving tank. I pull up on the pressure relief valve on the receiving tank if no flow starts until it does. Once I see flow stop, I slowly vent the relief valve again. I repeat the venting to slowly transfer the liquid until it all enters the tank.

The overall intent is to do a pressure balanced transfer so the receiving and sending tank are almost at the same pressure. Obviously the receiving tank has to be at a slightly lower pressure to have flow. This way you don’t lose carbonation level or form a lot of foam. You can use this same procedure to transfer any carbonated beverage without losing carbonation.

I struggle to figure out what you are doing but hope this helps.

i dont know if its different for soda because of the higher carbonation but what ive been doing with beer is put a spunding valve on the recieving keg and set it a bit lower than the tank pressure and push it over

1 Like

added spunding valve to my wish list…great idea