First use on Monster Mill MM3

I have been away from the game for a while and now I’m getting back into it. I bought a Monster Mill MM3 a while back and it has been sitting on a shelf brand new for over a year. I’m going to use it next week but I have a couple of questions. First I need to set the gap. Should I go .040 or .045? I also need to clean the rollers before using but I don’t have any grain to spare. I should have bought an extra pound but it was too late. Can I use something else to clean the rollers? Also any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brent

Welcome back… I use compressed air to blow the dust off before and after… I’m not sure on the gap… seems as though its .035- .040… But then there are some who like it tighter and the efficiency get a bit better… Sneezles61

The manufacturer recommends that you run some grain through it before using it for the first time. Probably because if anything was on the rollers due to the factory process. I can blow it with air just as well.

Brent

Get a box of grape nuts to run through it first… Then put that out for the birds to use… Sneezles61
Oh yeah, use a drill to spin it too! Much easier than cranking it by hand… Sneezles61