First brew, how does it look?

I’ve read that too. Patience is where I’m at right now.lol

With the caribou slobber, fermentation for two weeks and atleast 2 weeks for bottle condition, correct?

I’m so excited about it. Been researching on how and what equipment to upgrade to next. Glass vs plastic? Regular vs big mouth? So many fun options. I have an associates degree in lab science and working on my bachelor degree in clinical science. I have worked in a lab for almost a decade so the science of all of it intrigues me but there is also an art to it as well. I’ve actually just applied for a job as a qc lab tech at a big brewer so I keep telling my wife this is all job research. Haha

1 Like

Fermentation will most likely be done in two weeks but an extra week in the primary will allow excess yeast and sediment to drop out. I usually go four to five weeks of conditioning time before I chill one bottle.

Correct (that’s what the instructions say).

@flars has good advice here:

Another thing to note is that the Fizz Drops may take up to three weeks to carbonate. Sample the 1st bottle in 6 weeks (three weeks primary, three weeks secondary bottle conditioning).

edit: updated to correct a mistake (that got past proofreading :rage:)

@digitalman87 I agree 100%. I’m like a kid in a candy store right now. I found myself watching the fermentation going on. Hell I have at least 2 weeks until I can bottle and then too long to mention before I can enjoy. If this turns out like I hope it’s going to be go bigger time :wink::beers::beers::beer::beers::beer::beers::beer:
By the way didn’t mean to hijack your thread earlier. Just was having the same type of issues. Good luck sir.

For sure.

Thank you so much for this reply. For some reason, secondary fermentation did not register in my mind as being down in the bottles. I thought people were talking about moving it to a second carboy or something.

Please don’t be sorry, I’m glad you did because now I know about always starting with the blow off tube then switching. I’m glad everyone is so helpful here because I feel like I’m asking silly questions.

Actually it is. There was a proof-reading mistake in my previous comment (link here) which I corrected.

1 Like

You can get a stick on temp thing from wally world in the pet section near aquarium stuff or probably any pet store. You’ll just have to double check the range as most of them designed for fish tanks don’t have a really wide range.

2 Likes

Think he’s still around after a year? Haven’t seen him posting…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I sense his spirit :grinning:

2 Likes

Maybe his computer broke… Sneezles61

1 Like

Looks like he posted last in October’17.

1 Like

Haha. This post got a ton of traction this morning. Haha. FYI, as most of you know, I have upgraded to a 5 gallon full brew system. I still use stick on thermometers and a swamp cooler but would like to switch to a deep freezer with temperature control. Honestly surprised my last post was in October considering my daughter was born in August. She has been keeping us busy!! She was only a couple weeks old in this picture. Her shirt says Homebrewed. Haha.

9 Likes

No wonder I haen’t seen you around…haha…my baby girl will be 24 in 2 weeks…enjoy…time truly does fly.

I know. Didn’t realize until after I posted it was so old. But nice to hear from him again ha ha.

Congrats on the baby! I had an assistant Brewer onesie made for my son when he was born 4+ years ago. Think he wore it twice before he outgrew it, :rage: :joy:

Newb here. Good stuff. Cheers!