Fermenter inventory

Just hanging out in the basement brewery because of the brutal winds. Been racking stuff and decided to take inventory.
Fermenting now. 5gal Vienna Lager, 5 gal Bass Ale, 5 gal hard cider, 1 gal Apple Spice mead, 1 gal Zinfandel/Boysenberry wine, 5 gal Zinfandel wine, 2 cases Zinfandel grapes( will yield 4gal juice). And I’m brewing tomorrow

2 Likes

I have two buckets with an IPA that’s ready to dry hop/keg…and a bunch of empty kegs.

1 Like

You know what you need to do. Holiday’s coming

Yea I was thinking of brewing today but the wind picked up last night about the time I was going to make the starter so I held off. Thought I might do an election day brew but maybe I’ll do a day after and incorporate the result in the name…if we have one by then…

Both my fermenters are MT… I kegged my bock… Hard cider is at 1.002… I’ll brew tomorrow… Do a smaller ale… Miabock is very soon…
Since my keezer MT… Using BLC in the lines right now… Installed a fan too!
Sneezles61

Great idea while the kegs are empty! Just ordered a cleaning kit.

Last time I did this was…hmmmmm…oh yea…never! Maybe I should’ve just gotten new lines…is every 7 years too often? hahaha

4 Likes

I have one carboy full of a mixed fermentation sour I brewed on my wedding day over 7 years ago, otherwise the cellar is bone dry in my basement. Been a hectic year. :wink:

1 Like

Well I just went off on a journey looking at these sprayer gizmo’s for line/faucet cleaning… I think I should just keep using my one gallon keg… Not much line and faucets to clean… so I won’t be using too much CO2 in the process…
Interesting… I also came across Martin Brungard (hoping I didn’t mangle his good name) about cleaning very stubborn gunk from lines with lye…
This all ties back to beautiful new brews from the fermenter needing very clean lines for us to imbibe… :beers:
Sneezles61

1 Like

Fermenters currently empty, but I have ingredients to fix that next weekend. Just kegged pumpkin and black IPA Saturday, which will go in to carb tonight.

As for line cleaning/replacement, I got my kegerator in 2013 (I think?) and have never changed the lines. I typically clean them about once a year utilizing this setup:

I bought The Mark Keg Washer set up a few years back, and my original cleaning kit came with an adaptor to use with a squirt bottle screwed in place instead of the tap. I just jury rig the pump from the keg washer to push cleaner through the lines for 15-20 mins per side, then flush them with clean water for a bit, then pump StarSan from a keg through once I’ve reinstalled the taps.

Most of the time, when a keg kicks, I clean the keg, fill it with some StarSan, slosh that all around inside and pump it out through the taps.

:beers:
Rad

That reminds me I wanted to try fermenting beer in a pumpkin but a deer ate my pumpkin. I’ll get another. Should I use the pumpkin for the primary or secondary? I’m thinking a secondary would have some alcohol to ward off evil spirits since I can’t really sanitze it. Maybe it doesn’t matter

2 Likes

Seems like the inside of a fresh pumpkin would be free of nasties as long as you cleaned it immediately prior to use. Could be a very interesting flavor. :face_with_monocle:

Well the plan will be a 1 gallon batch I’ll roast some seeds and toss them in why not. It’ll be fun anyway

1 Like

That’s a good idea Brew Cat… But just like you… dad gum deer helped themselves… I would do as a secondary…
Sneezles61