fermentaion

it has been one week and i just took a peek at it and there is nothing on the top the foam cap is gone is it safe to bottle it is wheat beer

Let it sit for at least another week. After fermentation is complete (usually within one week) the yeast are still working hard to clean up byproducts of fermentation. Since this is a wheat, clarity isn’t really a huge concern, but when I brew lighter beers I leave it in primary for 3 weeks then keg or bottle.

i just dont want to be skunk cause were it is it is about 80 degress

Yowza! That’s really warm for fermenting! You’re going to have a lot of fusel flavors. Quite honestly, the damage is probably done, but leaving it for another couple of weeks might let the yeast clean up some of those hot ferment off-flavors.

holy crap thats hot. Next time aim for low 60s.

my hydro came today and i took a reading and it was 1.000 the wort dont taste bad iam sure it will be better with carbonation in it

1.000, what ya brew? Unless it is cider, that is insanely low and the beer will be extremely dry. Is this your first brew?

it is wheat and ya it is my first iam sorry meant to say 1.015 was not paying attn to what i was typeing and it has been fermint for a week and was not able to check it when i brewed cause i droped my hydro and broke it

Temperature doesn’t skink beer, light does. But fermenting at temps that high will cause other nasty stuff.

Thant’s cool man. Welcome to homebrewing. The beer may be a bit funky because the temp was so high. For your next brew i suggest you look into the various ways of keeping fermentation temps at a more suitable temp. Swamp coolers, fermentation chamber, etc. It is a great hobby but there is a lot to be learned.

Temperature doesn’t skink beer, light does. But fermenting at temps that high will cause other nasty stuff.[/quote]

Denny, I still love to hear people tell me that a beer should be skunked becaue it got cold, warm, and cold…

Last year I had an associate with whom I camp with (now mind you this is with AC and satellite TV) tell me they threw 2 cases of beer away because their fridge took a crap on them… now mind you that this was BMC so you know it was either filtered or pasteurized… I of course told them differently, but unfortunately the trash had came. :frowning:

1 Like

[quote=“Loopie Beer”]Last year I had an associate with whom I camp with (now mind you this is with AC and satellite TV) tell me they threw 2 cases of beer away because their fridge took a crap on them…[/quote]Unless it was cold-brewed and cold-filtered Coors, which is shipped in refrigerated bullet trains and loaded directly into the vendor’s walk-in at 32F, I guarantee that beer went through at least a couple warm/cold cycles on its way to their fridge. :wink:

I used to believe this…when i was in high school