Fav hops

Must say at the moment i do really like. My german perle and haller tau hops. What do you all like

For me it’s mosaic or HBC 369 love the taste profile.

Commercially, I like mosaic in blends, but I haven’t nailed that blend at home yet. I do still love Chinook, and grow my own.

Cascade and EKG. Sneezles61

I’m loving the Mosaic…

I just got some mosaic and looking forward to brewing with it.

I’ve always been a big fan of centennial for IPAs.

Magnum for bittering, noble hops for my lagers.

I’m all about Centennials for the IPA, but recently did a Citra/Galaxy combo that turned out fantastic. I’ve also been using US Saaz in my lagers - they’re a bit more potent than hops you’d traditionally find in European lagers, but I’m enjoying the results.

1 Like

Yep, saaz are my go to for pilsners. I recently used some in a vienna I’ll be kegging soon. Can’t wait to try it. I kind of lump them in with the noble hops in my mind.

1 Like

+1 for Saaz in Czech Pilsners. Floral and tasty.

1 Like

I just did an iPa with Nelson Sauvin and it turned out really good. Super juicy. My favorite for now.

I used that with some galaxy and it was super tasty. Used some idaho7 late last year and fell in love with it…gonna pair it with some amarillo soon.

I love the classic C hops, Simcoe, mosaic and citra.

I thought that was cascade, centennial, citra… Sneezles61

1 Like

I meant the c hops plus the other ones. I always thought the c hops were cascade, cent, Columbus and chinook.

1 Like

I’ve been brewing this Walker Union Jack “clone” recipe recenlty. Probably brewed 25-30 gallons. I’ve changed it up a bit but this recipe is the most recent iteration I like it a lot. It’s a tropical fruit bomb with a great malt backbone. The aroma is off the charts and changes as the beer warms in your glass.

I highly recommend doing single hop IPAs using a standard grain bill. This well help you find out what hops you like and dial in your palate to the flavors and aromas of each one. It’s a great education and provides some great summer drinkers. I’ve done single hop brews with each of the hops in this recipe, as well as a few others, and enjoyed every one of them.

I just kegged and DHed 5 gallons of this tonight. I normally ferment it with WY1272 but decided to try the english yeast this time. It wasn’t as clear as usual after 5 weeks on the cake but it tasted great and seemed to have more mouthfeel flat.

9 lbs Briess 2 Row (1.8 SRM) Grain 1 81.8 %
1 lbs 8.0 oz Munich Dark (15.0 SRM) Grain 2 13.6 %
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM) Grain 3 4.5 %
0.50 oz Centennial [8.50 %] - First Wort 60.0 mi Hop 4 16.1 IBUs
0.55 oz German Magnum [13.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 5 24.7 IBUs
0.28 tsp Irish Moss (Boil 10.0 mins) Fining 6 -
1.25 oz Amarillo [8.00 %] - Boil 5.0 min Hop 7 6.9 IBUs
1.25 oz Centennial [8.50 %] - Boil 5.0 min Hop 8 7.3 IBUs
2.0 pkg British Ale Yeast (Wyeast Labs #1098) [1 Yeast 9 -
0.50 oz Amarillo [8.00 %] - Dry Hop 3.0 Days Hop 10 0.0 IBUs
0.50 oz Cascade [7.10 %] - Dry Hop 3.0 Days Hop 11 0.0 IBUs
0.50 oz Centennial [9.50 %] - Dry Hop 3.0 Days Hop 12 0.0 IBUs
0.50 oz Chinook [13.00 %] - Dry Hop 3.0 Days Hop 13 0.0 IBUs
0.50 oz Citra [12.00 %] - Dry Hop 3.0 Days Hop 14 0.0 IBUs
0.50 oz Simcoe [13.00 %] - Dry Hop 3.0 Days Hop 15 0.0 IBUs

5 Likes

Noticed your grain bill…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:Won’t that turn out a little “grainy”?

3 Likes

You are at 6% +/-. Looks nice. I do like your hop bill, Sneezles61

Yup, those too… I forget some things after a few pints! Sneezles61