Fall(or almost Fall) releases

So I was hitting the neighborhood Publix last night and there it was, a big display of Sierra Nevada 2018 Oktoberfest, a collaboration with Weihenstephaner…

Wow, just Wow.

Beautiful pour, bready and malty and a perfect Oktoberfest Lager. Everything
You look for in this style. Highly recommended.

1 Like

New Glarus did a great job with Staghorn, too.
I had a fire the other night and had a few of the staghorns.
Fall is coming in fast…:confused:

1 Like

Lots of people look forward to their annual collaboration. Glad you liked it. I have not tried it yet, but some on the AHA forum seem to think last years was better. Living in Pittsburgh I went to Penn Brewery and tried their recently. Really good. I will have to seek out the Sierra Nevada for comparison.

1 Like

Just picked up a 6-er of this over lunchtime based on this thread… Looking forward to cracking one open tonight!

1 Like

Awww, just picked up Summits O-fest! I’ll be looking forward to sampling it in a few hours… With that said, I really enjoy many O-fests, well, some better than others… The ones I will be looking forward to the most, is the locals up north! Sneezles61

1 Like

Thanks for the recc, it’s delicious :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

4 Likes

So my tasting of Summits O-fest… Full bodied brew… spicy-ness from some hops… Excellent quaffer! Get it while its fresh! Sneezles612

1 Like

Can’t drink ofest yet. Just can’t do it. Refuse to. But next weekend is the start of September so IT IS ON!

I can’t wait to try their product this year. I have been pleased the past couple years with last year being better than the first.

Aug-toberfest.
It’s a thing. :point_up:
Now I’ll make like Santa and leave your presence.

1 Like

Fall is finally here, at least according to the calendar and still many Fall beers to sample…
Found Cigar City’s Oktoberfest at Total Wine (in addition to picking up some more of the Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest, love that stuff)
CC’s is more of a Maerzen, bigger bodied than a festbier, and very nice also. Probably not too widely distributed for those of you in the northern tier unfortunately…

Fall.

My favorite beery time of the year!

1 Like

AND, Summit has their Oktoberfest out too! OMG… We do get a few others around here… it just seems that Summits is such a full bodied, malt, balanced brew… I really can’t explain how well it tastes… I would suspect their own specialty malt makes the diff… Sneezles61

1 Like

Me off friday to a october fest party. At the BREWERY they did order lots. Of october fest. And different kind of bock. Looking forward. Maybe inspiration to brew a bock my self

1 Like

Yep… It’s a great time to pull this one up and wipe the dust off.
I had a Spaten O-fest this past W/E… Beautiful!
Now, found Hacker-Pschorr O-fest… Beautiful also… Then just below H-P… Weihenstephaner… I don’t recall trying this one… Another beautiful brew…
The malt… lacking any form of hops in yer face bitter thingy…
3 different breweries… yet quite similar. I will call it Terrior…
Have any of you come close to this “flavor”?
Sneezles61

1 Like

I’ll have to pick some of those up. This is one of those times where you know they’ll be fairly fresh. Tough to get fresh beer from Europe sometimes here and the datestamps are historically difficult to interpret/absent.

My wife spied the Sam Adams Ofest at the grocery and got me a 12 pack. It’s very good, a Maerzen type.

My ofest is a Festbier type, but it’s still in Diacetyl rest currently, and will need to lager a bit to be best.

1 Like

Went out to the beer store today and I found the Weihenstephaner version also also picked up the Ayinger…

1 Like

I also had a choice of Weihenstephaner’ premium lager… Next trip…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Now I’m wondering out loud… Nephew brought an Ayinger dark wheat back from Germany years ago… I recall that being very good also… I’ll have to look… Thought I saved the bottle…
Sneezles61

Pumpkin ale’s are out in force at our local Total Wine. This is always a nice example, although this year a little too heavy on the spices for me…but still good.

1 Like

Might be my new favorite…Until something better comes along😂

2 Likes

Pretty big beer on brew day but I’m almost done. It’s a pretty good, reliable imperial pumpkin ale, 8.6% alcohol by volume.

1 Like