Extract without boil results

You could use a 15. I use a 20 and sometimes do 15 gallons and top off instead of using the full volume . You could do that also or watch like a hawk. As far as boil off because of the bigger surface area you will boil off a bit more but it won’t be double. Maybe 1 1/2 gallons is what I’ll boil off

I have a 20 gallon kettle… 10’s are great, and I start with 13… I do boil harder now than when I used the gas setup… We did a 15 not to long ago and it had to be watched … it was about maxed out… Sneezles61

Thanks guys… There seems to be no end to this “rabbit hole”. I’m syked as my wife got me a SS Brewtech 10 gal insulated mash tun for Christmas. I think I will now get a pump and some quick disconnects to get the movement of the mash and sparge water a little less labor intense. I can play around with the setup while I wait for a not so cold brew day to arrive. Looks like the rest of this week the high temps will be in the low 20’s (F).

We actually almost had a 6.5 gallon boil go over in a 15. We do our 10 gallon batches in our 20.