ESB Attempt

Beautiful here! Went for motorcycle ride and got about 100 miles on in the sunshine and about 70 degrees temps. Came home, chilled out, and hit some Cut Off The Toppers.

1 Like

What do you guys think of our hosts clone of elysiansthe wise esb?

I’ve never had it but not sure it’s an ESB. I looked at the recipe. It uses American and German malt, American hop and us05. Sounds like a good beer though

I brewed it last weekend…using whole hops from a local farm.

1 Like

Have you a good ESB to compare your clone to? I would be curious how close it gets, or if it sneaks over to APA… Sneezles61

Im gonna grab some fullers soon to get an idea.

1 Like

Timothy Taylor’s Landlord if you can find it…mmmmmm…

I have some ESB stashed away. No you guys are making me want to move them up in the rotation

1 Like

Our host has the Innkeeper, which is Timothy Taylor’s clone.

1 Like

Yep, i’ve brewed it, or variations of it, many times.

Hmmmmm…maybe time to brew this one again. My first and only attempt several years ago was a little rough as I was just starting all grain.

1 Like

I’m heading up nort, to the LHBS today and ESB is just around the corner for me… You brewers have a yeast you’d prefer for this adventure? I will try 2 diff yeasts… Sneezles61

I like wyeast 1469 or 1968. Both can be difficult to get.

I liked 1968

For those of you who keg, to achieve that low level of carbonation with bitter, what methods do you use??

My friend from Portsmouth, U.K. is all about the warm and flat bitter.

What I do since I don’t have separate control is hook it up and sample it often when it gets to the point I like I disconnect the gas and serve it until it slows down then give it a shot and disconnect again.

3 Likes

^^^^ Thats my MO too… Someday… Sneezles61

2 Likes

LOL, I haven’t made the ESB but have made another batch of this (fermenting now) and plan to brew another tomorrow. :joy:

1 Like

Do you suspect I would get a :disappointed: face if I were to use 20 lbs M.O., 2 lbs wheat and 6 oz chocolate for an ESB? 10 gallons batch… Maybe back down the chocolate to 5? Anyone? Sneezles61

:hushed: not really a ESB. In my opinion think you need at least need a little crystal/caramel malt instead of chocolate malt