End of the year brew

Me thinking creating a kind of newyears brew. Needs to be done the 10 of jan. Than we got a newyears party at my house. Me brewing i think wedness day. Think a kolsch type of brew. With kviek lutra. Any thoughts.

I think for my final brew to be kegged in the new year will be an oyster stout ive been formulating in my head

WOW… its crazy… the end of the year… I haven’t given this any thought…
Sneezles61

It would be nice if 22 is better than 20-21.

I do have a kit from our host. It’s the Brickwarmer holiday red ale. I brewed it a few years ago and it was a big hit with the Mrs. We destroyed a corny keg in no time. This time I substituted Lutra Kveik yeast so temps should not be an issue. The a/c is set to 72° so that will be it plus whatever heat it makes.

Now to get off my rear end and brew it.

2 Likes

I’m thinking I’ll try to squeeze in Lake Front Bridge Burner clone here maybe this weekend and then do my Nugget Nectar clone one day while we’re off for Christmas before we head to my mother-in-laws.

:beers:
Rad

Gonna be tight here to get my brewday in…I have all the stuff from our Host ready to go but…I am the world’s worst Christmas shopper and am ashamed to admit I have predictably done essentially zilch thus far.:disappointed:

Im not buying much. Going to use the supply chain gag

To us, celebrating Christmas is getting together and hoisting a few, some good eats… Last year was done via text’s… sad, eh?
Well, as we are getting older, and loosing a friend here and there along the way, sharing companionship is the best prize…
I’ve got enough brew to get through that festivities… but will soon run out… Helping at the food shelf and visiting have this week occupied… I promise to me-self… Monday next week… start the lager series!!! (oh please don’t fail me now)
Sneezles61

1 Like

This year went so fast. Me home for 16 months went back to work june. But its so crazy busy. Feels at work that i never left. Everyone one day off. They getting cranky. Work work. No regular days off. Me friday day off. Gonna brew. Need to get a beer ready. And in the fermentor. Because the 26 me leaving the island for a short vacation with the fam. Back the 2 of january. Next year will be again full focus on brewing more. The covid lockdown. Got less paycheck and tips. So the wife said. We got to pay bills.

1 Like

Yeah mayby this year normal xmas celebrating. Wife was asking. Hey did ya do gift shopping yet. Not really. Did try to find a excuss. Could not enter the stores. Forgot my. Face mask

Brewing wise. Did brew this year. But not as much as the year before. After june this year. Was running out of malt and hops. But now got my products back in stock. So this friday. Decided on kolsch. Brew day. My newyears wish will be that the prices of shipping will be normal again

Cream ale. 80% 2-row, 15% flaked corn, 5% carapils. Use US-05. Skip secondary; once gravity stabilizes, bottle up. It’s nice and refreshing and easy to turn it around. I keg, but I had a cream ale turned around in under two weeks.

2 Likes

Did change my mind actually my wife and brew buddy did. We going for a saison. Secondary no issue. Me of the island for 10 days. My brew buddy back on island he will stay at my house. And probberly do some brewing. And watching my dogs

2 Likes

Last night did clean brew system. Did remember. Had leaky valve on conector. Of mash tun did replace. All the orings and gaskets. Done milling grains. And collecting. Brew water. Yeast starter ready today start brewing. At 10.

1 Like

I just got my last brew of the year in yesterday, my fourth go round with the Desperado Mexican lager. Hit my target OG on the nail. 1.051.

1 Like

Im doing an Oyster Stout with spent shells left from yhe holidays. This is the last for the year

1 Like