Email notifications

Whatever changes are being done, I just received an email notification that a reply to a post was made from almost three years ago. There are also reply notifications in my “go to another topic” up in the top right corner (three bars) from way old posts.

I guess this is do to migrating old info from the old forum. Not a problem, just letting you know.

I presume the notice about outbound email being disabled is a workaround to this?

Question: When will notifications be re-enabled? or is this permanent?

Hi all,
There were a few hiccups in the upgrade process yesterday. We are working to get those fixed and should have the site at full working order by early next week. Sorry for the inconvenience. Any other issues can be emailed to me directly at craig.blum@northernbrewer.com

Ouch. I’ve been there. Good luck getting it straightened out.

I haven’t posted for a few years so I was surprised to receive emails.
The plus side is that I eventually remembered my login, and I’m wondering if I should take this as some sort of a sign.
Hmmm, wonder if my old ingredients can still make a decent beer or if I should ditch it all for new. I know my kettle and carboys still work. :wink: Not sure about the gas burner, it has gathered some rust but might be ok.

Old ingredients very doubtful. Burner with light brushing over the burner gas ports most likely will fire up. Check for mud dauber nests in any opening.