Electric kettle build up started

Heres what it changed into, when I switched to BIAB.

Sneezles61

3 Likes

I did the first test fire of my set up today… A few small glitches of the extra’s… As far as the heating system… WOW. No propane to deal with, all that extra heat from propane, not there. I put 8 gallons of 60* water in and 18 minutes later, I was at a boil… And I wasn’t sweating! I will need to thank Old Dawg for his direction on the SCR. I took many pictures and will figure out how to add text and arrows to some of the better ones to show you what I did. If any of you can direct me, before I cal Mr. Stake to help me… Sneezles61

2 Likes

I could give photo editing a try.

1 Like

So I could send some stuff to you and you could edit/add the things that make this work? Sneezles61

I can try.

So heres the results… I will work with Flars to get the detailed pictures addressed and posted

3 Likes

Nice setup man!

1 Like

Captain to bridge, Warp speed, Sulu!

I’m still making beer in a sock :disappointed:

eventually, the control box will hang on the wall… Sneezles61

Does it get crusty between uses?

2 Likes

A new meaning for protein rest!

Yeesh, sorry Sneezles, he had to go there!

Looks good man!

1 Like

Where do you plug in the flux capacitor?!:man_scientist:

Terminal 8 & 7 are for constants, and 6 becomes floating variable to balance out 8 & 7, low voltage… :confused: Sneezles61

Crazy hydra of tubes… I can’t work out whats going where, but I’m impressed all the same.

2 Likes

You follow the tube, front and center from the kettle, it goes to the pump inlet. From there, up to the manifold, where it can be directed to either/combined, to the whirlpool port or the top, hose port. The top hose port I can then mash in, recirc. into my old basket with hops, or, into the CFC… You need a better view/shot, email and I can send you a bit more of a picture… Sneezles61

1 Like

I’ve got it now… I was following things backwards at first.

1 Like

Yea my first look at the lines I thought you’d over complicated it but it’s just because the hoses are looping around and giving a crazy visual. .

Is that a temp sensor wire coming out of the center bulkhead? I like how low it is. I assume the heater element is in the back? This is the kettle you ordered custom with welded bulkheads right? It looks pretty sweet.

How do you like the triclover QDs? I have the ones you have on your pump. I like them but they’re high maintenance to clean the exterior. They get sticky pretty easily and then the collars are difficult to slide back.

Looking forward to more pictures and info. Looks like what I would do to my MT/BK along with a second kettle for HLT.

Off the center of the kettle is the sensor, and on the box bottom right is the PID that expresses the temp. Its really a simple set up compared to of the other ones you see on line. The heating element actually comes out the left side. I have a SS sheet I had to cut to allow it to pass through, also acts as waterproof shield. That build took more time to think through about how and why to place the gizmos than to put it together. Need more info, specific, ask. Sneezles61