Edelmetall Won't Light

Perhaps, someone put the reg on with the flow the wrong way? Sneezles61

Thats possible did think it fits only one way

I’ll be looking soon as I fire up my rig… Brew day! Sneezles61

SUCCESS!!!

I tried playing around with it a couple more days last week, and then called up NB. I explained the situation, and what I had tried to do to fix it, and without much hesitation Todd said he’d send out a new regulator, or if he couldn’t find a one, a whole new burner system. No hassles! It was a good thing he sent out everything, because when it arrived today, I first tried swapping out the regulator. Same thing happened. Started swearing a little, and then got everything out of the box and used all the new parts. WHOOOSH It started up right away.

At this point, I didn’t feel like debugging any more, so I just packed up the old parts, and will ship it back to NB (with the prepaid label they sent). It’s either the needle valve, or the burner itself that is the problem. My guess is the needle valve, because I can’t see how the burner would be defective unless it was clogged up.

Thanks for everyone’s advice, and thanks to NB for providing painless customer service with a quick turnaround.

Looking forward to firing this up on Saturday using my new 10 gal. MegaPot!

3 Likes

Thats awesome, i kind of gave up on mine, was planning a brew this week so i might give it another try . I would think NB would have a recall on these burners since so many people seem to have a problem with them. Going to call them tomorrow to see what they say about mine.
Good luck with yours,

1 Like

My friend has your burner and I use the Blichmann. We brew together. He has had this problem and I have advised him like PorkChop has here. The only difference is that I make him open the tank, then the regulator with enough gas force that you can hear it. Then light the burner and it works every time. If he opens the gas only slightly and does not hear it he will have the backfire into the Venturi.

Greg

Sounds good, I’ll try that tomorrow before I call NB. I hope I didn’t wait too long too call about it.

I have had the same issues with my eddelmettal and have tried cleaning it and everything I have read on here and still having problems getting to light consistently so I tried calling customer service and no luck any other suggestions

Have you tried closing the venturi shutter plate prior to lighting? This will result in a fuel rich mixture (orange flame), then you open the shutter accordingly until you have a blue flame. Once lit the flame intensity may be adjusted.

The other thing is to make sure the needle valve and regulator are in the ‘OFF’ position prior to opening the tank. If flow starts immediately, the regulator may may cut off supply as a safety feature. I usually need to remove the regulator from the tank to reset it.

If you’ve tried all of these things to no avail, NB will likely replace it if it’s less than a year old.

Thx for the info I will try that this week

Thanks for the info seems to work great

Great!