Doppelbock anyone?

2 of those and your off the board for a day!

Should be a penalty box in brewing.

2 Likes

I’d come sprinting out of the box and fire up my burner and brew another off style beer

1 Like

I’d be pouring big amounts of hot liquor into the kettle! I will run the referie (can’t spell it right) over on my way! No hostages!!.. Naw… just avoid them buggers… They won’t help me… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Sneezles61

Fermenting my first doppelbock now, and I’m psyched.

I was going for something like Troegenator (if anyone hasn’t had it, I highly recommend!) which is massively malty and 8.2% ABV.

81% Avangard munich
16% Avangard pils
3% melanoiden
2oz chocolate
~25IBU Magnum and German NB
OG was 1.086
3 sachets Fermentis 34/70 pitched at ~49F, chugging along at ~52F now

I was a little nervous that I may have underpitched given some comments I read after the fact about pitch rate vs temp and the benefit of rehydrating, but I had activity at around 24 hours, so I’m hopeful it will finish well.

Can’t wait to see how it turns out.

1 Like

Since it started, you did well! Some time this month is time for me to brew mine… Sneezles61

I think I have a bomber or 2 of the doppelbock I brewed last year.

Mine is gone… only a memory… BUT, the next is near… I will do equal amounts of pale malt, Munich malt, and Vienna malt for my base and I did order some chocolate wheat… Shall I stick my neck out and do a pound per 5? I will do a 10 gallon batch… Oh yeah, Mexican lager yeast too! Sneezles61

Just finished my last bottle last weekend. A month or two before I switched over to lagers

1 Like