Doing a batch of Caribou Slobber

It isn’t my first cook, but I’m finally doing the slobber kit that I got with my brewing kit. I figure it’ll be a good drinker while I’m deciding what to brew next:)

Roland

It’s a good beer. Give it about 2-3 months of age and you’ll be pleased.

Was my first that I brewed. Only have 10 bottles left trying to ration them. Turned out very well, and I have had nothing but good reviews from the lucky few I gave some bottles to.

Roland - figured you would be to busy on your quest to brew beer :wink:
All things serve the beam…

[quote=“Farmhouse Funk”]Was my first that I brewed. Only have 10 bottles left trying to ration them. Turned out very well, and I have had nothing but good reviews from the lucky few I gave some bottles to.

Roland - figured you would be to busy on your quest to brew beer :wink:
All things serve the beam…[/quote]
Long days and pleasant nights, Sai… :cheers:
I’m brewing Graff next:)

Welcome to the brewing club, haha. That was my first brew also, about 18 batches ago. They really are better after a month or two. I like trying one a week as they age at the beginning. It helps me understand a bit more about brewing and how some really good beers take a while to get to that state.
I do lots of half batches. It helps me move along the learning curve fairly efficiently while getting to brew often.

I have a batch resting in the carboy in my chamber right now. I was planning on kegging at 4 weeks (2 in pri and 2 in sec) but this post made me think I need to wait another month? I know in the past I have tapped a keg and the first beers are o.k., but but the time we get to the bottom of the keg in say 2-3 weeks it’s really good. That sucking sound and the last beer makes almost makes me cry :frowning:

I just racked it to secondary because I wanted to start something else in my 6.5 carboy. I figure I will give it 2 weeks in secondary, prime and keg it for another few weeks and see where we get. Im getting impatient because I don’t have anything else ready until it matures:)

Roland

That does suck but I think it’s more important to brew more than to rush things.

a nice beer and good taste
di d brew one an i was real happy did wait about five weeks before kegging and one week later awesome taste