Different taste keg

So morning ya all. Now got question. Are there three different beer taste in a keg. For example a new keg. Beer taste great. But when it does come to the end. Middle part. Super. The last part. Simple awesome. Or is it just me

It gets better with age. I sometimes pull a keg off line and then put them back on a month or two later and they always seem to have improved taste and clarity.

I agree. Aging is the key. I have found that kegs in the kegorator that are “young” improve clarity and taste as time goes on. First pull, cloudy and OK. Half way, more clear and cleaner tasting. Last pint, crystal clear and great tasting = should have waited longer.

If possible aging it at below serving temps works best for me. Close to freezing. Not easy to do unless you have a lot of refrigerators.

2 Likes

I agree, but with the lager, I’ve been doing a long secondary, before kegging, and these brews come up in flavor alot sooner. The part of aging with the gas on, in the keg is what I perceive that adds a better mouth feel. With that, I was able to put me O2 stone on a plastic straw and carb me kegs with that! So far me results are very good. Sneezles61

Thats for sure. But once the beer carbonated and ready to drink. Not enough patient. To wait. Unless get a bigger. Fridge. Mine holds 4 kegs. I can wait. Extra fridge. Most likely. Leads to divorce

Except for the lager you can age the kegs outside the refer

Think will do a experiment. Will keg one. Force carbonation. Leave it out the fridge. See what happens

I don’t think that force carbing works out in a warm area…. The gas dissolves into the liquid when cold, and will separate when warm… Check it out, put a bottled brew out for a day and then compare to cold one… Pour in a glass. Sneezles61

1 Like

Last pint from a keg is always the best…

2 Likes

And, undoudtly the saddest… Sneezles61

1 Like

Yes. But than a happy moment. New keg on the tap. And pour a different beer. Think one of my zoomin pale ale almost gone.

1 Like