Curious beer glass

I got this glass from Germany. I see the barley and i see the hops but what are the blue flowers

1 Like

Some flower the bees like… for a honeywiessen?
Sneezles61

This just in…Franz wants his glass back.
Er,…unless that says Frank and you’re Frank…
The blue flowers may be Cornflower which is the National/State flower of Germany.

1 Like

I thought maybe it was a German hops. My great grandfather and great great grandfather was Franz. So im going by Franz now

2 Likes

Franz Brew Cat it is… It must be fun to find out yer past and its even brewing related!
The old saying… “the apple didn’t fall too far from the Tree” appears to fit well!
Sneezles61
PS… flower for honey… I’m staying with it… :grin:

Bingo

3 Likes

Guess der franz does like blue flowers

3 Likes

Fascinating!
Sneezles61

Im glad we solved that. I’ve been contomplating that glass for a few drinking sessions now. So there’s barley ✓ and hop leaves and hops✓ but why the cone flowers look like they are growing on the hops. Is there a hidden meaning or just a poor artist

Too much info to put on a glass, so just get the basics? Brew made by a German… I think its a full statement…
Now to find a place to make you a set… Store the original in a safe place… I think it would break yer heart if it tipped and broke…
Sneezles61

Me not so lucky with the real thin beer glases most of them did brake. Due to tail of dog. Or to many brews. Soon my birthday. Guess can ask for new glass ware

Im always on the lookout for beer glasses at thrift shops and tag sales. A nice beer glass highlights a nice looking beer. When i have my big parties I always put out the glasses. Never had one broken that i recall. Maybe people are more careful with glasses

1 Like