Craft Master Growlers

So the wife and I talked to these guys at homebrew con. It seems like a nice product, but I can’t get past the sticker shock. Anyone know these growlers? She’s suggesting I should get her one for her birthday…

I’ve seen them and they’re nice. I guess I would ask what you plan on doing with it. With the CO2 feature these growlers are more for long term storage. To me it seems like these are for individuals who are going to pull a beer off everyday for a week. If you buy a growler and drink it that evening I’m not sure I would spend the money.

1 Like

They are very proud of them for sure. I like the “keep cold all day” idea but I have a Stanley that is pretty good at that for less money. I also like the 128 oz. option for traveling but man the price tag.

Then again, it’s your wife. :wink:

Way over the top kinda gizmo… It’s got some pretty fancy appointments… Sneezles61

If your wife said you should but her one for her birthday I believe the discussion is over. Your getting off cheap

2 Likes

And it certainly sets you up for the next brewing thing you want to buy.

1 Like

Consider it an investment

1 Like

Similarly, my wife surprised me with the Ukeg growler from Growlerwerks for Christmas. Hefty price tag but a nice item. The thing is it keeps your craft beer fresh and carbonated for up to 3 weeks(I’ve tried it out that far).

There is no way any growler will be just sitting in my fridge for even a couple days, let alone 3 weeks! :sunglasses: Sneezles61

I hear you… and once you open your standard growler you really have to drink it fast. I have a motley collection of various sizes of standard growlers to use for parties, etc. , but the Ukeg is a full gallon so it is a full eight pints… a bit much for an evenings revelry for 1.
I primarily use it for my homebrew when we’re going to be away at our condo. Like traveling with my kegerator…

2 Likes

SWMBO wants beer gear. SWMBO gets beer gear.

4 Likes

It’s a beautiful piece of equipment. I found a newish Krups Sub Beer system on the street. The owner put it to the curb for the same reason I would… its 2 liter capacity is pointless

It seems like a nice product. Wondering if you can condition in it. That would be useful if you don’t keg

I have a Ukeg… which is very similar. Yes you can condition homebrew in it, I bottle, so pulling a gallon off into the uKeg and having that ready in 3 days rather than the 3 weeks in the bottles is nice. The beer does last, I have a gallon one, and I have had it last 3+ weeks. It solves the problem of having to finish a growler that you picked up just because you know it will go flat in 3 days. … if you get one, don’t bother with the 1/2 gallon, get the gallon… no reason to go small…

2 Likes