Corn Flakes

listened to denny and drews podcast on cream ale and they said use regular corn flakes instead of flaked maize. I just bought a couple boxes from dollar general anyone use cereal in their beer?

Quaker oats in my NEIPA, Saison, and anything else I want to give a little body. Gives a whole new meaning to Nothing is better for thee than me.

Yes I use those also. I also used farena wheat before but never corn flakes

I’ve always used flaked corn but sounds interesting…with all those pastry stouts, using corn flakes should be pretty tame.

I’ve use flaked maize also but never corn flakes. The box says ingredients of sugar salt and barley malt so might get a little extra fermentable material but I doubt it’s much.

1 Like

Intresting. Will try. So on 12 lbs grain bill. Add 1 box of cornflakes. For example

Well, would some one measure their gravity before dumping in the flakes then after? I haven’t listened to them yet… Today is brew day… Sneezles61

Just putting this in for the record. Just finished a mash and ended up with about 6 point high using 2 lbs of corn flakes so I would estimate maybe 2-3 points per lb

Good to know… Is it called… Corned flakes beer? Sneezles61

19% flaked corn

It’s grrrrrreeeaaaatttt!

1 Like

I’m feeling a name for the beer in there somewhere. You know that was my uncle Tony

1 Like

I’ll sleep on the name. Don’t want it to be to Corny

3 Likes

You’re killin’ me Smalls…

Well if it comes out Geeeeeerate what about I just call it Uncle Tonies Lager

3 Likes

I guess that should be Uncle Tony’s Lager

1 Like

The other thing I’d like to put out there is I didn’t run the corn flakes through the crusher figuring it would fun up the works. I dumped them in whole and as we all know they float in milk and in wort. PITA. Next time I will smash them up in the bag before stirring them in