CO2 refills in southern Co.Springs

Im looking into getting into kegging sometime in the future, when the money allows me to, lol.

I plan on buying a new CO2 tank, so I know nothing is wrong with it, and it will last me a long time. But all the places ive looked into only exchanges the tanks, Im not exchanging a new tank for a used one…

Anyone in Broadmoor area of Co.Springs know a place with will refill??

You could buy a used tank… that’s what I did.

We have air gas and prax air up here and I was told they will refill a tank, BUT, I would have to wait… An hour, maybe a day… So I signed on the line to do an exchange. I know they can’t sell a filled tank that hasn’t been/met an inspection routine. Sneezles61

In Eastern Washington I use a company called Oxarc. They are a welding supply store but also sell kegging supplies now. Pretty nice. I imagine that you can find any welding supply store in your area to help you with that. Its much easier to just do an exchange with them. Each time you exchange a tank you knows it already been inspected and good to go.

My .02

[quote=“corogers, post:4, topic:21193, full:true”]
Each time you exchange a tank you knows it already been inspected and good to go.[/quote]

Same reason I went with an exchange. Take in an empty, leave with a full one. 5-10 mins.

1 Like

Somewhere down the line the peeps filling the tank you BOUGHT, will require an inspection at a cost of, in my neck of the doors $35.00…. and will need to be done like every year or two! Sneezles61

Sounds like its just better to go with the exchange…

This will be something I will get into once i hammer down the full process, and of course, save money for a kegging system.

1 Like

I also recommend finding a used steel tank (Craigslist or some other online vendor). I’d hate to buy a shiny new aluminum tank and instantly trade it in on an old steel tank.