When my plastic bottle filled out I began sampling capped bottles. My kitchen temp was cool, it took 10 days to carb where I wanted it. I still may have stopped a bit early, but didn't want to take a chance. I pre-warmed all the bottles in a tote with hot tap water. Then I heat pasteurized 7 bottles at a time in my stock pot - 190* water, off the burner, bottles in, washcloth on the bottom of the pot to keep the bottles off the bottom, lid on, 10 minutes. I did wear safety glasses . Removed with tongs and oven mitt, placed on a towel on the counter to cool. The water temp after 10 minutes with the bottles in was about 160* each time. I put a bath towel over them for the next couple days, now they're in a sealed tote bin - just in case - but I didn't have any caps blow or bottles break. So hopefully that worked.
The other two projects are airlocked in the basement.