Changing Keg adapters

This is definitely a newbie question, but I bought a two tap kegerator and it was set up to use the sankey couplers and the kegs I bought from Northern Brewer are set up to use ball locks. I prefer the ball locks and changing the CO2 tank connects to a ball lock isn’t a problem, but the kegerator’s lines that run up to the tap are for sankey couplers. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I should do/buy/change to connect the tap lines to the kegs?

I bought the hardware at NB (it’s my LHBS) and just cut off the beer line right at the Sankey fitting. Slipped a hose clamp on the line, squeezed in the barbed part of a swivel nut, then tightened the hose clamp. Tightened the swivel nut onto the ball lock fitting, and done.

3 Likes

If you use these swivel nuts as @uberculture mentioned you can switch easily between ball lock, pin lock, and sankey couplers.

For sankey you will need these tail pieces.

1 Like

Basically what I have is what @loopie_beer linked only my LHBS set up the Sankey with short pieces of hose.

For the swivel nut and tail pieces you will also need small nylon washers http://www.northernbrewer.com/flared-nylon-washer-4-pack For the ball lock or pin lock quick disconnect they are not needed as the ends are plastic.

No offense to NB but look around for the washers as I think that is a little pricey for them. Think my LHBS sells them for a dime or a quarter each.