Cask Question

I am fairly new to the homebrewing scene. I have interest in putting my ale in casks but the kits they sale on here are to big as there aint many people around me who drnk anything but bud light. So my question ends up being is there anywhere to buy a cask that is 2 or 3 gallons? Thanks for your time.

How about the 5L mini kegs?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61167

[quote=“Nighthawk”]How about the 5L mini kegs?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61167[/quote]

That Would work but you cant find them little kegs here no more. i gotaheniken mini keg bout 2 years ago but aint seen one since. Good idea though

I have to ask where do you live ?

Stop by your premium beer store and ask them to order a few kegs for you.

From some post a couple years ago, these beers were available in 5L kegs.

Heineken
Heineken Premium Light
Newcastle Brown Ale
Coors Light
DAB Original Lager
Spaten Premium Lager 5 Liter
Warsteiner Premium
Paulaner Hefe-weizen
Bitburger
Bell’s Two-Hearted Ale mini-kegs
Molson Canadian
George Killians
Bell’s Oberon

And like Chuck eluded to, add a location to your profile so we can give you the best answers possible.

I live in West Virginia

I can see where you may have difficulties obtaining these mini kegs locally. If you have a open minded liquor store, see if they can get some for you.

Otherwise, Midwest homebrew supplies sells the empties for $16.

[quote=“Nighthawk”]I can see where you may have difficulties obtaining these mini kegs locally. If you have a open minded liquor store, see if they can get some for you.

Otherwise, Midwest homebrew supplies sells the empties for $16.[/quote]
Lol. I want em full so i can drik the beer first.

What are you looking to drink out of a cask? It’s not a cask unless you allow oxygen into the mix, which changes the flavor over the life of the cask. If you want a “Real Ale” just bottle condition.

I was thinking bout using NB scottish wee heavy and putting in a cask. The problem is having That much booze for 3 or 4 people.

The Party Pig from Quoin works great as a cask. Just leave out the gel bladders that swell when you pour a beer. You don’t need them. The beer comes out a bit foamy at first, but then settles down, and it will hold pressure for weeks. I usually just pick a week that I think the beer will be in top condition and drink it that week. It is also great for a party.

You can also use a 3 gallon corny keg. I usually just bring that to a party/beer dinner and then serve through the gas in barb by gravity.