caribou slobber question

I have a batch fermenting right now everything went great the question i have is do i dare rack it to a secondary or do i just leave it in the primary for another couple of weeks before bottling. I have always followed the instructions which tell you to put it in a secondary. Just looking for opinions. Thanks in advance.

Only you can make that decision. Some swear by secondaries. Other say they are not worth the risk of infection/oxidation.

I’m a no secondary guy.

I second the no secondary sentiment. There’s no real benefit for a smaller ale like caribou slobber. I didn’t even transfer my 1.098 barley wine to a secondary and it is great. It was in primary for 6 weeks by the way. Most recipe instructions are pretty standard and out dated. Something like secondary or not isn’t going to be a critical component of how the beer turns out any more than if you glass carboys, better bottles or a fermenator. It’s just a matter of choice…

Almost finished my keg of Slobber and it is very good. All I did was what I normally do and that’s weeks in the primary and 1 1/2 in the keg before putting it in the kegerator. It got to be perfect after about another week.

left mine in primary 3 weeks, let bottle condition a week…currently drinking it and its good…least I think so
:cheers:

[quote=“Nighthawk”]

Only you can make that decision. Some swear by secondaries. Other say they are not worth the risk of infection/oxidation.

I’m a no secondary guy.[/quote]
I love the next gen facepalm!

I just racked from primary to secondary last night for the first time. I agree with the other replies, no reason to, it was a pain in the butt with santizing and everything. However it did free-up my only 6 gallon carboy, so I will be brewing Caribou Slobber this coming Monday :slight_smile:

Hank