BYO recipe

Hello I am following this recipe from BYO an it tell me to ferment at 62f for the first three days, then ramp up to 68f over a 10 days. Now would this be like 1 degree Fahrenheit everyother day?

You could increase the temperature of the beer a degree every other day if you have the means for precise control. You could also just let the temperature free rise to 68°F. I don’t think it would make too much difference for most ales or ale yeasts.

What are you brewing and which yeast is being used?

1 Like

Most yeast will tell you the temp it works best. But i would. Increase. The temp slowly. Damm wish i could control. The temp. But now i am happy. Its not so warm. Rains lots. Means. My beer likes it

1 Like

It’s just not that critical. I start at 63 F for 3-4 days, then just jump up to 70-72 for a couple days. A slow ramp isn’t necessary.

1 Like

Like I’ve heard @denny mention (on his podcast I think) that if someone thinks you can maintain wort temp to a degree they are crazy.

1 Like

And if you think you NEED to control temperatures to within one degree, you need a couple of home brews.

2 Likes