Brut IPA

Why bother

All that Chrystal won’t ferment

Since its going to “watered down” I upped the crystal… The C-120 has a 1.032 points per pound… So it does bring sugars to the party… Its up to chance it’ll amount to anything… But I have to try… Sneezles61

Yes but those would be unfermentable sugars. Maybe if you add the enzyme it may help ferment them.

Well… Things went awry… The mash got too hot… 180* before I caught it … so I didn’t hit my OG… 15 points low…Its a 6 gallon brew on the stove top…The wife is making cookies too… Its going to be a mystery brew… 1 lb cascades…quite dark… Brown IPA? Sneezles61

1 Like

At least the sugar will ferment

1 Like

Is it just me or is @brew_cat starting to sound about as curmudgeonly as me? "why are you wastin’ your time doin’ that?!’ messed up? well at least now it won’t suck!:joy:

1 Like

No you should definitely go to your LHBS and get the enzyme for the fermenter

Aint gonna happen…Not a big fan of having’ to buy soooo much stuff to brew. Sneezles61

Well the cost is pretty little and you aren’t going to get to Brut on this batch without it.

I won’t give up the task… I’ll keep on tweaking and adjusting… Thats what I enjoy about this hobby… The over all obsession! Sneezles61

True. It’s your beer, brew it.

Its sitting on the deck right now… Still quite warm… I have to keep an eye out for that pesky raccoon… He’s about the size of a bear cub… I don’t want any time with him. Sneezles61

I have my doubts…
Not a naturally occurring enzyme from malted grain.
“Amyloglucosidase is synthesized by several Aspergillus genus species”

What do you have your doubts about?

If I can not get my enzymes from my mashing process and have to purchase it synthesized by man,
I’d rather not. My dry IPAs taste Awesome as is. &:wink:

I am sure it is safe to use.

http://beerandwinejournal.com/brut-ipa-ii/

It’s a fun experiment. Keep in mind that “the man” has been using these enzymes for, like, forever to get the most alcohol possible before distilling.

And if brown liquor weren’t enough to convince you.

1 Like

Amen brother.

Had a bottle of Sierra Nevada BRUT IPA last night. It was refreshing but just ok

Just ok? You mean the best right?

1 Like