Brooklyn Brew Tour

Is it safe to walk around those areas? :neutral_face: Sneezles61

Over by Folksbier and Bar Great Harry the main danger is getting run over by a jogging stroller. At Other Half the main danger is probably from the traffic under 278. The danger around the Six Point lab is from Ikea shoppers. So no it’s not safe LOL

1 Like

Brooklyn is quite cool kind of reminds me of Boston. I didn’t know the Barclay center had a grass roof. It was a little problem getting to are meeting point since The F train was being rerouted.

My brother in law works in Manhattan so he showed me around a bit. We ate a Chinese restaurant that he likes in China Town. Best Chinese food I’ve ever had.

Barclay’s Center has grown on me. Hehe. During the summer the curved entrance creates a focused beam of heat/light. I got fried by it last summer like an ant under a magnifying glass.
That’s great that you got a favorite spot shown to you in China town. It is a mind-blowing experience when you are guided to some of the “best ofs” down there. I’m a big fan of Dim Sum and love when you can get a big group of friends together for it.
When you come back Grimm will have their brewery open and you can hit up Transmitter while you’re up there before coming south to Other Half

I definitely want to come back to Brooklyn next time I’ll do a self guided tour. Maybe this summer. Should invite @sneezles61

I think I’ll stay here with the mosquitos and deer flies and bears… So peaceful, quiet… Only rush is to… Cant really think any reason to rush! :sunglasses: Sneezles61

That’s why I’m not a fan of Manhattan. But walking around Brooklyn is not like that. Alot of trees and flowers there you know. Didn’t see any bugs though but I’m sure they have some.It made me curious if they have some type of underground water system to water the trees.Some good size trees in the sidewalks

1 Like

We’ve got a couple of bears wandering in the hood here… Sneezles61

I was born in the Bronx and moved to Brewster but spent time in the Bronx alot since alot of relatives there. Used to hop on the train alot used to ride in with friends who worked for the RR. Alot of people in Brewster worked for Penn Central since we had the roundhouse. My wife being a born and bred New Englander refuses to go to NYC so I don’t go anymore.

Don’t know if they have any in Brooklyn but we have them in CT for sure

We’ve got mosquitos in Brooklyn for sure. The worst are the Tiger Mosquitos as they are out in the day time so you don’t have your guard up. I’m not sure they can survive in Duluth but you’ll have them some day the way things are going. Sometimes a black bear or coyote will make it across the George Washington bridge which is insane considering that it’s the busiest motor bridge in the world. We have opossums and raccoons at work and there are a ton of deer on Long Island. As far as they trees go, since they are in the only holes is an otherwise giant concrete slab all the water goes to them and gets trapped. Also the parks department curates what trees can be planted and what cannot. So in general they a picked because they are hardy, with little care and don’t drop fruit (feeding the rats).

Wait a second Brooklyn is on Long Island.