Brewing with Cannabis

I was cooking up some deer meat tonight and “something” got me wondering… I know that hops are a distant cousin to the cannabis plant and I am wondering if you could add a little to your boil? Has anyone ever tried this? If so I wonder what would go well with it in regards to other hops and what kind of mash to use.

1 Like

Cannabis use might not be legal in all the places this forum is viewed in. Might not be an appropriate discussion.

1 Like

I think I saw a thread about this a year or so ago. Probably not available any longer but you could try searching for it.

As I recall the consensus was that, assuming it’s legal in your locale, there are far better ways to enjoy cannabis than to put it in beers. Apparently didn’t impart much if anything in the way of improved flavor, aroma or buzz.

2 Likes

IIRC its an issue of the THC not being soluble (like hop acids/flavor compounds). May be wrong though.

Either way, most reports I have heard/read say that there is no practical point to trying this (either from a flavor standpoint or a intoxicant standpoint). As Danny said, if you want a margarita, have a margarita.

Hear hear for beer-flavored beer!

1 Like

Hmm ya thats what I thought… Ah well! Was curious because i’ve had a hemp ale before which was great! I’m not too sure if they used hemp seeds or what.

They did. There’s a write up in the current issue of BYO about using hemp seeds in beer.

1 Like

I believe Denny said " It’s a waste of good weed " .

Most people try to keep skunk out of their beer.

3 Likes

Ah but paired side by side tho… :sleeping: sneezles61

1 Like

It occurs to me that some luxuries in life should not be combined, rather savored individually, or simultaneously, yet separate…

2 Likes

I find the concern about legality of this topic humorous considering that most all the topics in this forum were illegal in certain states up until very recently.

2 Likes