Brewing and Football

Fantasy drafts are in the books and I feel good about my teams this year as well @brew_cat. I’m a huge projection guy but that doesn’t seem to work out that great for me. We blew a keg on Saturday and upon further inspection I found 3 more on the brink of empty. I’ve got to get my @ss in full brew mode now! Go Steelers!!!

1 Like

I like the Steelers but not my team. Although I have a granddaughter named Steel. Her father is from Pittsburgh. Oh and I have Juju on my fantasy league

Can I just say I’m absolutely loving watching AB implode on the west coast now that he’s no longer our problem? :joy:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Who didn’t see this coming with him? LOL. We all love it @radagast and I think we’ll be just fine without those 2 viruses around anymore. Nice pick with Juju @brew_cat he’s a beast for sure. Going out for week 2 matchup with Seattle so really looking forward to that and hopefully some good drops from Dancing Gnome and Hitchhiker

Brewed up a disaster today… 21.5 lbs of grist… 1.05 starting gravity… :disappointed:
But, keezer and kegs all cleaned up today!
But, still waiting for 10 gallons to cool so I can pitch NW yeast… :weary:
But, there is football tonight !! Sneezles61

1 Like

Shaping up to be a NFC Central…er North…Classic at the half…when did that happen?

Ok, the old"black and blue division" ceased to be in 2001…SMDH…and showing my age.

1 Like

Steelers looked like the Giants Sunday. Good game last night. Game Day Alt gets kegged tomorrow. Had to play the Hefenweizen this week and next, it did well. 191+ pts in my first fantasy game. This is to easy.

Well since I’m from Michigan and we’re stuck with the Lions, it’s just brewing. I can’t bear to watch that fiasco any longer.

1 Like

Same here. Live in Michigan geographically closer to the Packers than the Lie-downs but can’t bring myself to root for them. Sunday was pathetic. I wonder at what point do they just throw in the towel and sell the franchise.

Exactly why I tried this fantasy stuff. The fantasy is often better than the reality.

Aldo brew cat Nova!! I thought the Lions where starting to get some traction last year… Sneezles61

2 Likes

Aldo Nova… awesome. :joy:

The Lions are like a terrible girlfriend.

2 Likes

Yeah, the Stillers were flat out awful Sunday, had quite the headache going Monday morning. :joy: And that drubbing was without AB who at this point as he continues to self-destruct may not play for Pat’s after all.

:beers:
Rad

Lol, have to admit I saw Aldo Nova in Columbus twice back in the (mid 80’s ?)…Fantasy, best played at ear shredding volume!

2 Likes

A Paul and an older plexi… Nice tone monster… Second only to a crowd going nuts at a football game… Whilst imbibing an ice cold brew!! :sunglasses: Sneezles61

1 Like

Another great weekend in Pittsburgh although the Steel season looks to be over. Hit up the Dancing Gnome can release and enjoyed the Pitt vs PSU party at Grist House Saturday. Got to watch Ben’s final game (maybe ???) and the Mason Rudolph era begin along with catching up with JuJu outside Heinz field and getting 3 autographs. Seems like a very humble kid, we’ll see what next contract does to him.

To stay on topic, I’ll be kegging my newest NEIPA this week. It smelled awesome when I threw the first dry hop in bucket.

Yeah bad break for Ben and Drew. Alot of QBs down. Brew Day Alt should be ready this weekend.

Ok the Gameday Alt is ready. Very easy drinker. Better get another batch going. How about them Giants ? Juju is not putting up the numbers I wanted. But I’m 3-0 anyway. Me and one other team should stay undefeated until we meet in week 5

1 Like

The Lions are like the Mafia………you try and get out and they suck you back in. Thank god for beer

1 Like