Brewing and Football

Yeah… exactly… what to do on Sunday now…? I think the NFL could go 24 regular season games… Perhaps I should just go outside and shovel some more snow…
Although… today I could sample/test some stuff that needs to be kegged soon… Sneezles61

I think I say this every year when you guys bring it up. Watch hockey. Football on skates. Give it a chance.

1 Like

I watched the game on CBS yesterday but that may just have been the inaugural game. I think Turner may have a game or two. I think it is a vehicle for gambling now that sports gambling is becoming legal. That may be their angle. Hardcore football gamblers all have NFLN

Actually NFL Network had hockey on during the inaugural game

With nothing else on I’ll tune in to the AAF. It’s in CBS sports.

Apparently I get CBS sports Network on YouTube TV. Wife is happy. I’m beat from working in the woods today. I’ll grab a beer and watch with one eye while I nap

I lived in northern NY near the Canadian border for a couple of years when I was younger. Our TV was a mix of U.S. and Canadian stations. Got to be a Montreal Canucks fan out of self defense because that what was on eh? Not sure why I lost interest since even in Florida there are hockey teams.

1 Like

Just watched a commercial for catheters on AAF. Huh. I guess they expect the fans will be drinking beer and riveted to their TV. I guess. Why else would you need one

Looks like Orlando/San Antonio will be competitive next week

AAF is like played on a hockey arena? I don’t really want to get fixed up to a TV… My wife is the TV nut job… News and cuddly little animals… Sneezles61

No it’s full field regular football. Kinda fun. You will need CBS SN or NFL Network to watch it though. I may have passed on it but my wife has gone football crazy the last few years. Could be worse things

Judging by the commercials for them, apparently it’s a thing. I think the pilot guy is way too happy about it though.

That’s arena football. Not sure if it’s even a thing anymore.

Huge football fan here but haven’t tuned into the new AAF. I’ll give it a try at some point! After Superbowl I tend to focus more closely on the Penguins and Nascar starts next week as well!

I watched the Memphis Express and the Birmingham Iron. Will it take over the NFL? Not a chance. But it was football. I think it can be a great developmental league or, possibly where HS players go to get paid while playing out the required 3 years to get into the NFL. It also is a great launching pad fir NFL rule changes, which I think the AAF is already a platform.

Watching the game felt like watching a college football game that doesn’t include your favorite team. Your interested but not THAT MUCH.

1 Like

We were having that same discussion about trying out the different rules. The no kickoffs will come to the NFL soon I predict. I do like the quick clock but don’t look for that change because of the loss of commercial time. The 2 point conversion only rule is nice also. Got to watch a few more games. Birmingham getting some first dibs on crimson Tide players got a good team. Richardson looked very good yesterday. They may be the team to beat

I agree with the 2pt conversions. I also liked the 35 second play clock. College is ruining that IMHO. How many games do you see the offense run up to the line only for a coach on the sideline to call a play.

Although I disagree about Richardson looking good (believe he averaged 2.5yds/carry) he did better than what appeared, especially at the end. And I believe they only had about a month to practice.

I’ll continue to watch. Might even like it better than the over officiated, pro offense NFL game. We’ll have to see.

Now I gotta peak… I will assume they play on the W/E? Sneezles61

Entertaining game yesterday between San Antonio & Orlando. Wife called it good throw and catch football.

I didn’t find any games… I didn’t try too hard either… My tap room TV doesnt get as many stations as the up stairs one has… This next coming W/E. Sneezles61