Brewed the red

I guess I should have looked up when to first DA rest first, then how to.

I would think you could let it warm after cold-crashing and before bottling but, I don’t know why you would want to do that. Unless life gets in the way. Say you’re all set to bottle and you get called into work or you plan on bottling in a couple days but the wife wants her fridge back today! :slight_smile: My process is: On bottling day I put the carboy/bucket on the kitchen table (with blinds down to block sunlight) in the morning and bottle whenever is convenient; usually in the afternoon.

I have always bottled in late AM. I always dip bottles in 190 water and drip dry and cool before beer goes in. I measure out sugar for each. I know it is time consuming, but I know things are right. Sometimes wife helps, sometimes not. Drink 1/2 bottle, cleanup and done. Maybe on bottling day or day before, take out carboy. Beer refrigerator has the carboy, wife askes me to put her things in there. I say yes, as she is nodding ,“yes”. ( she gives me permission to put my stuff in my refrigerator)

2 Likes

If you could, move to ambient room temp day before, keep it covered, then do your process… It should have plenty yeast to carb… Sneezles61

That is the plan. Thanks!!

1 Like

Picture of the fermenter when you take it out? See how it cleared for you? Sneezles61

Bottled today. I ended up with Little under 4.5 gals. The final gravity was 1.010. End up with 44 bottles. doing my best to send pics.

Was it clear? Sneezles61

yes it looked good for the hydrometer.

Opinion on the numbers?

.010 is a good number for a malty brew… Sneezles61