BrewDemon Amber Conical Fermenting System

Has anyone used the BrewDemon Amber Conical Fermenting System, I was thinking about buying 1.

First time I’ve seen one, so sorry I can’t help. I went with a Spidel in order to brew 10-12 gallon batches and it still fits into my fermentation chamber which a conical didn’t. However I really like the idea of a conical because it makes it so easy to transfer wort and dump trub. This time of year the temperature swings in my garage can be pretty dramatic so a fermentation chamber is critical. If you have a place to ferment that doesn’t have a large temp swing then it looks like a reasonably priced unit. Just be very careful when cleaning not to use anything abrasive. If I win the lottery I will be buying the BIAC system :slight_smile:

I’ve got two of their smaller 3G fermenters, they work fine. As for their bigger 8G fermenter, from beerborg.com here’s a review[/url] on it. He’s also got a [url=http://www.beerborg.com/index/2013/01/review-brewdemon-conical-fermenter/]review
http://www.beerborg.com/index/2015/07/brewdemon-big-demon-conical-fermenter-first-impressions/
on the smaller 3G one.

I have 3 of their 3G conicals and they work great! Be advised that you should inspect the plastic spigots closely each time before putting them into use checking for cracks where the threaded end meets the flange/body of the spigot. I had one split on me about 7 days into a fermentation. Fortunately I was able to save most of the beer and didn’t get an infection. I’ve since learned that soaking any plastics in StarSan for an extended period of time (hours/days) weakens the plastic. The other “lesson learned” is to remove the spigot from the fermenter when cleaning to ensure the spigot threads and nut are completely clean. I didn’t do this at first (just cleaned in place). On about my 4th and 5th fermentation (Irish stout and Irish Ale) I started picking up a strong bubble gum taste in the finished product which I attributed to an infection of some form. Upon closer examination of the fermentor and spigot I discovered old trub particles that had worked their way behind the spigot nut and most likely infected the beer. Easy fix, remove spigot from fermenter each time and thoroughly clean and sanitize :-). Also, be sure to order extra lid gaskets if you don’t want the CO2 out gassing through the lid. The gaskets don’t last for long before they don’t provide a gas tight seal. While not a big deal if CO2 leaks through the lid threads it can be disconcerting not seeing bubbles during primary fermentation through your blow off tube. I’ve since got about 10 batches under my belt using these fermenters and no issues.