BrewCommander Gas?

Has anyone here used the BrewCommander gas from Blichmann? I am super temped to to pull the trigger on one to help with my all grain brewing.

I had to go looking to see what its about…
A way to control the burner for brewing… Thats quite a bit of money… My 2 cents worth… Look at going to electric… You’ll thank yourself once you’ve made the switch… All the excess heat is gone… No more tanks to buy/lug around…
I built my controller for under 200.00… I could’ve saved more and adapted my kettle… but, I bought a nice Spike… Yes, I am biased because I’m electric… Very happy to have made the change…
Sneezles61

2 Likes

I’d try to find one of the older Tower of Power controllers. It’s a basic PID controller with a pump on/off switch. Could probably score one for pretty cheap!

2 Likes

Can’t agree more. Electric saves you money, gives more control, and is super fun to adapt as your system grows. My “controller” was cheap because I already owned most parts, but if purchased new… Itd be pretty expensive. All my parts are for industrial automation since that is my profession. It can be done for pretty darn cheap if you really wanted… Thinking like $75 max. It wouldn’t be elegant but it’d work well nonetheless.

2 Likes