Brewbucket question

I have 2 of them… The bottom has a bit of a dish… A rotating racking arm… I put a half gallon of water marked the pickup tude and cut it off… It doesn’t come out crystal clear… But less worries about sucking snot off the bottom…
Sneezles61

Do you pressure transfer with them? We could call it a pressure assist

Yes I do… About 5 PSI’s… I like that … Pressure assist… Or… PA?
Sneezles61

1 Like

Haha yeh. So you have the brewbucket or the spike flex?

Anvil brew bucket… I silver soldered a 1/2" bung on both the lids… Couple of fittings… Blow off tube… Threw the air lockers away…when I’m ready, unthread the 1/2" barbed fitting… Thread on the flared gas fitting… hook it up and PA…
Sneezles61

1 Like

I just added a 2" tri-clover… It’ll be easier to add hops to the fermenter… The other is left as it was…
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Forgot to put my “tilt” wort checker in… So I just popped the cap off put it in and sealed it up… Took maybe 20 seconds? This is going to be a great mod!!!
Sneezles61

4 Likes

I need a tilt to go with mine now. Still havent used it since getting it. I need to make a system for a gravity transfer into my kegs before I fill it with wort. Cant wait to dry hop with the opening!

Does it have a tri-clover on top?
Sneezles61

Yes a 4 inch one. It actually two. A 4 inch with the cap and a 1.5 inch for the blow off hose. They make a gas manifold I want to get for it so I can start fermenting some lagers under pressure at ale temps. They dont recommend doing it with their spunding valve because the fear of clogging during primary fermentation.

Picture? Or tell, which did you get?
Sneezles61

Spike flex plus

They sometimes have “defects” available for 300 bucks that have minor blemishes and things like that

2 Likes

That’s a big Tri-clover… Holy Moly!! Thread a fitting for CO2 so you can push into a keg?
Sneezles61

And add a spunding valve to the top one…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Yeh the manifold has a ball valve fitting, gauge, and pressure relief valve for closed transfers. Super nice butterfly valve to open up and let the beer flow. I recently picked up an inline filter so I can try to keep the hops from dry hopping out of the keg. Currently i just dry hop in the keg with a bag and leave them until the keg kicks but I dont love cleaning up after that

1 Like

That’s actually a really good idea. I’ll see what I can find. The vessel is rated to 15psi so I’ll see what I can find in the 10 range

Brewhardware.com… They’ve got stuff… Lotsa stuff…
Sneezles61

I’d bet… a plumbers shop could drill and tap that blank cap with 1/2" FPT… Then… you’ve got so many SS fittings to adapt all you can do…
You’ll have fun!!
Sneezles61