Brew bags

What kind and where did you guys get your brew bags. Got mine from the brewbag site custom made. Paid $30 or $40 at the time which I thought was alot for a bag . Don’t know how many beers been brewed with it. No problems pulling close to 30# wet grain. Wife has patched where it got hooked and melted through my negligence. It’s cool

This is where i got mine. I think I paid about $30 for it. It was not custom but one of their standard sizes that fits my 16 gal kettle perfectly. It’s very strong with the webbing reinforcement with loops for attachment. I put caribiners in the loops and that’s how I hang it from my hoist. I’ve had almost 40 lbs in it with no issue.

I tore mine on one of my sight-glass screws and sewed it back with heavy thread. It’s been fine ever since.

2 Likes

The wife uses dental floss. I got mine from them also. I’m sure you can have it forever as long as the webbing lasts the fabric can be replaced. I run mine through the laundry.

If our hypothesis is correct brew bags will be on sale tomorrow

1 Like

I got one that was bullet proof, but was such a fine fabric, it wouldn’t drain… I even tried with the apple press… Now it sits in a plastic tote, with multitudes of other gizmos that don’t get used… The course one from our host works just fine for the apple squeezer. Sneezles61

Wilser brewer bags are good

Those are the ones I bought Sgwink… They seemed quite fine a mesh… They took all the abuse I gave them… Sneezles61

I want to bump this thread because my original Brew In A Bag bag from brewinabag.com is still going strong (100 batches at least). I really love the company. I have had them make mesh for making Tofu and nut/oat milks as well.

I use my bag in the kettle and get very good efficiency. I have a ratcheting pulley that lifts the bag into the air and holds it there while it drains and I sparge

1 Like

I use the same one. Indestructible. Mine fits my 20 gallon pot.

1 Like