Bread Recipe exchange/bread maker

the lady got me a bread maker for the holidays after she saw some people making bread with their spent grains. so basically i’m posting to ask if anyone has an awesome tried and true spent grain bread recipe/recipes. i’m excited to get this thing goin

ps. my bread-maker says it makes 1.5-2 lb loafs of bread

Bread machines rock! i was a skeptic (having made loaves strictly by hand for years) but when I get too busy, the machine saves the day.

Here’s one of the recipes I came up with…works both with bread machine and conventional methods. Great sandwich bread, and makes really great toast.

3 cups bread flour
1/2 tsp vital wheat gluten
1 tblsp dark rye flour
2 1/2 tsp malted barley flour
1 tblsp ground flax seeds (I like ‘golden’ flax, but regular is good too)
2 Tblsp melted butter, ghee, shortening, or oil (olive oil is pretty good here)
1/4 cup spent grain (I dry it out on a pan in the oven, grind it up a bit in the food processor, and keep it on hand stored in a big jar)
1 1/2 tsp salt (sea salt or kosher salt is best…or if regular salt, non-iodized)
2 tsp dry yeast (rapid rise is best in the bread machine)
1 1/4 cup warmish water

Put all ingredients in the bread machine, set the cycle of your choice (I like to use the “French bread” setting…it takes slightly longer–about 3.5 to 4 hours-- but definitely worth it. In breadmaking longer generally means a more flavorful loaf. When making this bread the conventional way, I use less yeast (or some of my sourdough) and let the initial rise go for about 12 hours.

Once you get to know your machine, you can make some pretty darned good bread in it. These days I use a machine for probably half the loaves I make.

Awesome, thank you! That’s goin on my list :cheers:

I got a simple bread recipe from youtube though it tastes more like cheese bread after, probably because of the butter and all the other dairy products I used to get it with. My oven is pretty small so I can only make about 9 medium pieces at a time. I get bored when waiting for the 45 minutes it needs to rise though so I make it a point to make a new batch right when I hit that time.

Cheese bread? That should go perfectly with beer =)

Care to share “said recipe”???

Thanks for that recipe!