Bottling a lager after long lagering period

So I brewed a lager and it’s been lagering for a few months now. I just haven’t had any time to bottle it yet. I’m planning on bottling this weekend but am concerned that there might not be enough yeast in suspension to bottle carbonate. Will this be an issue? If it might be should I plan on adding some yeast when bottling? I just need to start kegging :slight_smile:

1 Like

I bottle all the time. I use the priming sugar table to help me for bottling. I make 5 gal batches, when using the table calculator I put in 1 gal. I figure out how many bottles in a gal I will get. Then I figure out what measurement I want to use and divide, number of bottles and what measurement I what to use.

1 Like

You probably need to add some yeast at bottling time. How much yeast though I’m not too sure.

It might carb ok…but for some insurance you could hydrate a bit of dry yeast and mix it in the bottling bucket.

Three to four grams of rehydrated dry yeast will do it. Stir the yeast in after racking to the bottling bucket then finish prep work for about 15 to 20 minutes. A little time will allow for even distribution.