Bottles too cold for co2 but a slow warm up helped

There is always time for Beer! :beers: :yum:

1 Like

I am going to a funny question; do you open all the bottles to add? Why not add priming?

I prime each bottle and cap one at a time. I also dip the bottle in 190 to 212 water for sanitizing. I will go over the amount asking of priming slightly. I donā€™t trust putting prime in a bucket and stir and wait hopefully that the sugar goes throughout evenly.

Iā€™ve added extra yeast to the bottling bucket

Dammitā€¦ work gets in the wayā€¦ Oh dearā€¦:disappointed: Sneezles61

You can trust batch priming and itā€™s a lot faster and easier then priming each bottle.
You boil your priming super in a a pint or so of water and after itā€™s cooled add it to the bucket before siphoning. The bucket gets stirred when the beer enters. I give it a little more stirring with the bottling wand. All my bottles are consistent.
Iā€™ve found that brews that have aged extensively bottle prime the least well. Iā€™ve taken to adding new yeast in these instances

Just use a spray bottle of Starsan or dunk them in Starsan instead of the water. Much easier and just as effective providing they were cleaned prior to that.

It doesnā€™t have to get in the way. Iā€™m told that technically I donā€™t have to go to work. Unfortunately, Iā€™m also told there might be consequences to not showing up! :open_mouth:

1 Like

That sounds a little bit dangerous. I think a safer option would use StarSan after cleaning & rinsing. You could use a spray bottle as @Rburrelli suggested or use a bottle rinser like the Vinator Bottle Rinser.

Old habits are hard to break, but I might have to take a leap of faith and try something different.

Iā€™ve got one of these. Dunk the bottles inStst San and let them drain.

Iā€™m a rinse bottle after use, star san and shake, store upside downā€¦ re-Stansan before bottling, drain and bottle

3 Likes

I have always rinsed after use, save time!!

I have had a bottle tree for years. Also handy for hanging and all kinds of stuff to dry like tubing, a racking caneā€¦

2 Likes