Bottle conditioning for wedding celebration

They blow because there’s been too much sugar added or fermentation is not complete causing overcarbonation that the bottle cannot handle. Another perfect reason not try carbing in growlers.

So what about conditioning in plastic and transfering to growler for transport/consumption at party? How long am I looking at beer staying good in growlers, once exposed to O2? I know this isn’t best, I’m working my way slowly up to that!
Thanks,
Toeknee

You can do that too… Once you have your brew carbed, then put them in the fridge… I’d leave them in there for 2 plus days before you’d dump them into the growlers… Pour gently and you could leave alot of the sediment behind… Good luck! Sneezles61

What kind of shelf life with the growlers?

[quote=“ToeKnee, post:24, topic:26180, full:true”]
What kind of shelf life with the growlers?
[/quote]A local micro brewery here always said one day of you open it, a week if not. They pour from the tap with a hose connected to cut down on foaming and lose less carbonation. I think it really depends on how successful you are filling it. It’s a good idea to try to fill it right to the top so there is less O2 in there.

A 2l should fill a 64oz growler pretty full. Using a racking cane wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

My 2 cents… I would decide on how to package and leave the beer there from packaging to consumption. Transferring it after carbonation always puts you at risk of oxidation and carbonation loss. Flat yucky beer…like stella…oh wait…haha…

Seriously though. As a new homebrewer you want the best possible scenario to impress your friends with your beer. Showing up with flat, oxidized beer won’t do that. I keg and sometimes fill growlers for parties I attend. I’m never completely happy with the result even when people rave about the beer.

1 Like

Bombs away then! Lol

1 Like