Blood Orange puree

Excellent that looks like what I was going for. I have some 2-row pale I wanted to use up. I need to get the Mandarin hops

50 ibu nice. Magnum hallertau. Galaxy hops

Something like this

Sorry got home a little late. Here is my hop additions for White ipa
.5 oz Bravo 15.5 aa First wort hop
1 oz Mandarina 8.5 aa 15 minutes
.5 oz Bravo 15 minutes
That’s 51 IBUs
1 oz bravo whirlpool
1oz Mandarina whirlpool
With the utilization of the whirlpool hops brings IBUs
To 67.34

I Looked at your recipe @brew_cat. Now this is just my honest opinion and nothing more my friend. I think you might be a little light on the late hops. Im also little bias against Summit hops due to the onion or garlic-like flavors it can produce as a bitter addition hop. I myself would choose something else something foral or even spicy like Saaz instead of Summit as my first wort hop. But that’s just me and nothing more than my opinion my friend.

Well I never used summit before so thanks for that advice. I was going by the profile I read tangerine. Not sure what I’m going to to get from the puree so kind of keeping it light. My IPA usually has alot more hops. This is just a rough draft and appreciate the advice. I don’t use fruit in my IPA beer so really flying by the seat of my pants here. I’m not ready feeling inspired by this beer. I did want to try that Mandarina hops in an IPA though. Maybe I’ll load up on that and use my Magnum or nugget for the FWH.

1 Like

Are you showcasing the orange or the beer? I like the Nugget or Magnum FWH idea. Any thoughts of Lemondrop or doing a Amarillo/Simcoe/Mosiac combo to compliment the orange?

1 Like

Made a few changes above recipe. Maybe I’ll brew this without the blood orange. I like my sour fruit beer maybe a blood orange sour

2 Likes

There I took out the blood orange in the recipe above goin to do it with just hops. The blood orange will go into a hefenweizen which I haven’t brewed so post any recipe here​:arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down:

The hefe is boiling now had a little trouble getting the temperature up from the Ferulic acid rest of 110° my 10 gallon pot wasn’t big enough. I’ll have to use less water on the acid rest. Anyway only got it to 145. The other thing I could do is a standard mash so I can add direct heat