BLAKKR (Surly version)

They are exceptions and not the rule. Also I take no issue with Mark doing well after forging new ground in craft beer since 1986 and Omar (and the rest of the crew) has put in an impressive amount of work to get Surly established and maintain a strong following, happy to see him do well. To each their own but it seems an odd rule to not buy products because a company is doing well and growing. Do you not use Windows because Bill Gates is rich or OSX because Apple has hoards of cash? Spend your money how you see fit, I have no issue with spending some of mine on well executed beer even though I am capable of making my own.[/quote]

Brewers are doing fine in the MN market if they were not, the huge increase would not be happening. Even the smaller newer ones are drastically increasing production. They would not be doing that if they were not making good money.
I never said anything about not buying products because a company is making money. Summit is probably the main staple in my fridge and is fairly well priced.
Surly Black there is just no way I would spend 20 some bucks on 5 beers, I could get it cheaper in a bar if I wanted it.

After seeing the posts here and like I said, I’m on both sides of the fence as I hate paying 5 bucks a can, but I do it anyway because it’s only once a year. Darkness is really the only one I buy every year.

Let’s all agree…There are no breweries I know of in MN not making money, if they were not making money they would close.

Surly is making plenty of cash because we all keep paying for their stuff…Indeed paid off their debt in less than 2 years I’m told…so are they making bank?..You bet they are. It’s like gas…supply and demand…

If I was making beer as good as Surly Darkness would I buy Darkness…NO…but I don’t so I buy Darkness. :slight_smile: I do make beer close to Indeed so I don’t buy their beers that often.

Now on a side note…I just got 6 bottles of Bell’s Black Note :slight_smile: Did I over pay…yes IMO…do I care…NO…I have 6 bottles of pure gold !