Big brew day today

Not that this is a race or anything… but I’m at 1.018 down from 1.07.

I see Utah bio diesel has a sale going on!! I didn’t look at the full page… That’s for later…
Sneezles61

1 Like

The competition is fierce amongst you two. Glad I brewed a larger need less stress lately

2 Likes

I am sorta brewing a lager as well with the bottom fermenting Kveik strain Oslo.

I’m fiercely letting my ale do its job… :beers::mask:… I agree Brew Cat… I need alot less stress… Wife’s broken wrist and the other sprained… And some fogginess when she hit her head on the concrete… I’ve got very little time to DV8 from our day to day routine… But it’s all even keel… We’ll keep sailing forward, just at a slower pace for a while…
Is anyone brewing on Thursday too?
Sneezles61

I’ll be brewing again either Saturday or Sunday, have ingredients for Arrogant Bastard clone I wanted to try out.

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

Send me that recipe. Always liked that beer.

Elegant Bastard

Rad

Somebody gave me a sixer on my birthday saying it was fitting. :rofl:

Arrogant or elegant? Makes a difference

Arrogant. I had given him a sixer if Dirty Bastard as the first volley. This year we were more civil. I got bourbon and I gave him a case of home brewed brown.

Dirty Bastard is a great beer! I prefer Backwoods Bastard and try to nab a 4 pack of that each year to age and bring out for special occasions. Funny enough, my first Arrogant Bastard I tried on recommendation from a buddy back when I was drinking Yuengling before I really discovered craft beer, I actually couldn’t even finish the bottle and dumped about half of it. For shame!

Rad

Straight Chinook I see I do like Chinook and usually have some. I’ll get this in the rotation as soon as I get more supplies.

Just checked out “the brew”… This about 50 hours after pitching…
Gravity is 1.014… Temp is at 77*!! The ambient room temp downstairs is 67*… I think I can dry hop about now…
Sneezles61

1 Like

The first time I had the Arrogant Bastard, I had asked (at a restaurant) what they had for beer. Arrogant Bastard was the first one she mentioned and I had to have it just based on the name. Loved it and have had many since.

1 Like

Next brew for Thursday… Pine-tucky common… I’ll give equal amounts Pils, MO and Flaked maize… Let’s think 4 oz of chocolate wheat per 5… Long boil… 2 hours… Northern Brewer for bitter… 3/4 per 5 gallons… FO 4oz Saaz per 5…
Weigh in at 5% max…
Sneezles61

1 Like

I brewed an arrogant bastard clone a couple of times 6-7 years ago. The recipe was much busier than yours and it showed in the finished beer. It was malty and mushy and sweet even with a bunch of chinook. Yours looks like it should be good. Simple, base malt and malty character grain. What yeast are you using?

I’m not sure if I’ve used chinook… Tell me… What’s its allure? I’ve got a friend that brews just about as good an old classic west coast IPA… That’s another brew I’d like know like the back of my hand…
Sneezles61

Cascade on steroids

2 Likes

I thought that was Centennial… Well, then I should get a pound to play with…
Is it better as bittering? Hey, play with all 3 in search of an old fashion IPA…
Sneezles61